We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Champagne

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Champagne

I know that champagne is not that readily available in Turkey. My parents anniversary is while we are there and I'd like them to have some with their meal. How do you think it would be received if I buy a bottle duty free and ask the restaurant if I can have it at the table for them? The restaurant they will choose I do know majority of the staff which should help. What do you think?

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Champagne

Cant see it being a problem, you know some of the guys, it is a special occasion and you will still be eating and no doubt buying other drinks there. As always just ask them and usual Turkish hospitality they will be OK and no doubt will help you all celebrate

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Champagne

Yes, that's what I thought but thought I'd just throw it out there anyway

Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
Level Contributor
1,613 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Champagne

The local sparkling wines ''Inci Damlasi'' and ''Altin Kopuk'' are also very quaffable and about 48 TL in the supermarket.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,075 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Champagne

If you tell them the champagne was a gift to mark your parents' anniversary, I'm sure they would be happy to open it for you

5. Re: Champagne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler