We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions please

London
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel suggestions please

Hi all

I have just got back from Protaras in Cyprus, it was just lovely we were based right on Fig Tree Bay one of my reasons for my choice of hotel being the lovely beach, oh it was such a shame to come back especially to this weather as the dark nights draw in brrrrrr.

Anyway I digress, as the memory is so fresh I am now planning my next yearly holiday and I am looking at Turkey, as it is again one of our favs although the beaches in Turkey I find don't quite measure up. I have heard Icmeler is the one to go to for the beach, so I am now researching this but I need some much needed assistance with hotels, particularly from those that have been. Therefore can anyone suggest any half board or AI decent hotels either on the beach, ideally, or failing that quite close to the beach?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Samantha

Mentioned in this post
Protaras
Protaras
Paralimni, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Fig Tree Bay
Fig Tree Bay
3,918 Reviews
Protaras, Cyprus
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel suggestions please

Hi Lonson I can recommend the Hotel Aqua if you want an AI. It is right on the promenade and has it's own stretch of beach.

Food and drinks are excellent, couldn't fault it

Only problem going AI is you miss out on all the lovely restaurants around, although we did eat and drink out at times, not because of the food in the hotel, just to try other places.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
2,627 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel suggestions please

I recommend aqua also, have a look at the websites for hotels and apartments on the right hand side under top questions also

London
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel suggestions please

Thanks guys I will look at that hotel, I had a quite look at the hotel and I must say it looks very nice. Although I fear it might be a tad on the expensive side for me.

I fear I will be traveling on my lonesome next year, so in your opinion is it safe in Turkey for someone traveling solo?

My first solo holiday was to Egypt for 7 nights, it was to a AI hotel that I have been to a few times with others so I knew what to expect, thus my reason for picking it. It had its own private beach, so I was ok for me, as all I had to do was plonk myself on the beach with a good book and as for night times I met a few couples to drink with, or I could have a quiet night in watching their many films.

Edited: 29 October 2012, 23:35
Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
UK
Level Contributor
826 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel suggestions please

have a look at the Munamar, we stayed there in July and it was fabulous ... no need to eat out cos of the variety/abundance of quality food. It is an adult only hotel though. Just back from a self catering holiday and tbh, found the standard of accommodation/food in the AI a much better deal... you can get lovely meals but most restaurants cater to what they think the Brits want (full English breakfast, salad and chips chips chips)... having said that, found some lovely small authentic Turkish restaurants too and some lovely bars. Bear in mind if you go S/C, air con is extra, safety deposit box is extra etc etc .. swings and roundabouts really :-) What makes Icemeler (apart from that it is picturesque) is the people ... was amazed to find how many remembered me :-) x

Mentioned in this post
Munamar Beach Hotel
Munamar Beach Hotel
1,190 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
588 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel suggestions please

I went to Icmeler on my own in July this year and going in Sept on my own next year. I felt safe on my own, i did go all inc as i didnt want to eat in places on my own but there are plenty lone travellers in Icmeler.

I personaly recommend the Efendi hotel, very close to the beach and i felt safe in staying there. No sleezy waiters and the staff come across as trustworthy. The maids didnt touch my belongs, i even accidently left my earings in the room and they were still there when i returned.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel suggestions please

The Fortuna Beach is a nice hotel and its right on the canal about 30 ft from the beach.

Its small is comparison the other AIs as it only has 64rooms.

Quite a few women were travelling alone but everyone was very friendly.

Its available with First Choice.

Edited: 30 October 2012, 00:27
Mentioned in this post
Fortuna Beach Hotel
Fortuna Beach Hotel
913 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
431 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel suggestions please

Hi

It has too be hotel aqua forme as well, fab hotel nothing to complain about, food of very high standard as well, also the marti is a good hotel so I hear, would I return to the aqua-- within a heartbeat!! ( very nice surroundings).

Lesley

8. Re: Hotel suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2013, 15:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler