We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

Doncaster, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

me and my partner are going to icmeler in june. I have seen a lot of positive reviews about both these two hotels and stayed at grand as a kid. Does anyone know if they are suitable for a couple. We don't want to be put off the pool area by screaming kids and more importantly we need to be entertained in a way that grown ups like to be entertained. It's not going to be like butlins is it with the red coats?

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

I think your best option would be to go to an adults only complex if you don't won't kids around you, you can't expect children to be quiet on holiday around a pool, afterall its their holiday too!!!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

There shouldnt be many kids around in June as I am sure that when the exams take place.

Both complexes are lovely but I bit too far out for me.

Yes there is a Dolmus but we like to walk and in June it will be quiet hot if you want to walk to the beach from there.

Others have answered the wasp question.

Have you considered B&B as there are 2 hotels I can recommend are the Devamli near the top of the canal and the Ercanhan a street behind.

Both family run and immaculate hotels.

If I were you I would look through all the reviews of the hotels and apartments on here before you decide.

Doncaster, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

thanks for your replies, Just wanna say that i don't wanna sound like a kill joy who hates kids. I was referring more to the standard of entertainment. I had read a lot of reviews that seemed to be saying the entertainment was heavily geared towards small kids. Kids themselves are ok but I couldn't eat a whole one!

Just when i sit with a beer i am good with karaoke, dancing etc etc. Just don't fancy much cooky the clown every night.

GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

Try Eden Garden next door to the Grand Aquarium ideal for couples.

Level Contributor
559 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

we stayed at the club aquarium this June and it was fine. a few kids scattered around inc ours. we went to the grand for a turkish bath and that was really geared up for the kids. . water polo, video machines etc etc. so basically I'm saying yes the club aquarium is fine for couples and a very clean and nice hotel with good views

UK
Level Contributor
826 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

just back from Grand Aquarium and tbh there were lottsa kids even for this time of year (it is recomended as a family hotel and entertainment is geared towards that) ... Stayed at the beachfront in July in an adult only hotel and it was a way better holiday. The standard of accommodation at Grand Aquarium is also poor/well in need of updating but the public areas are nice as are the staff.

7. Re: grand aquarium and club aquarium..suitable for couples?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 15:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations