We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hope that magic is still there?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Hope that magic is still there?

Well after much consideration an deliberating, we finally bit the bullet an booked to go back to Icmeler in Sept after a break of 3yrs. This will be our 9th time to Turkey, our 7th to Icmeler. I hope it's not our last! meaning is the magic still there? What do people think? I believe there have been many changes since we where last there, such as the canal market going and the new square. Ah well will just have to wait 48 days to see!

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

I believe the magic is still there, I went 5/6 years ago and loved it. Went this year a with my husband who is hard to please and he was really taken with it too. The new square is lovely and nice to wander round or sit by the fountains

Edited: 21 July 2012, 19:33
Essex
Level Contributor
341 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

I was wondering the same thing. We went last year for the first time and loved it. Have booked to go back same time, same place this year. I know that you can't recreate the perfect holiday but Im hoping all the changes will enhance it and make it even better. Ive got a long list of bars and restaurants to try ( supplied by members of this forum) so Im hoping it will be even better than last year.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

Dawn I think you will love it andhave no problem creating that perfect holiday! I would be off again tomorrow if I could.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

We're not that long back from our 10th visit to Icmeler and have been going regularly since 1997. We've seen lots of changes over the years but always think they are for the better. We keep trying other places, not only in Turkey, but always seem to end up back in Icmeler. For us it is the perfect resort.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
55 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

im going to icmeler in august, i was last there 10 yrs ago, back then we stayed in the dilara apts, this yr its the celik, with your positive reviews i cant wait!!!!

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
123 reviews
6. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

I have been once this year and am about to go again, and I think the magic is there every time. In June I took 3 friends who had not been before and to see their reaction was really nice as it made me realise that its not just me who feels the magic of the place.

The new square looks really nice with the fountains and they had a small market with trinket stalls one evening too. I am sure other events will take place there now they have the forum to do so.

I can't think of anything more magical than arriving at your favourite holiday destination, getting allocated the same room (because the view is lovely) waking up to the gorgeous mountains & sunshine and having so much choice of places to eat and drink of a lunchtime and evening. 8 sleeps to go and I absolutely cannot wait.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

Thank you so much for all your fab replys! Just what we wanted to hear! Trust all you fellow "Icmelerites" to come up with the goods! Really looking forward to it now! Bring it on! lol!

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
8. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

Well, we always said we'd never go back to the same place on holiday - but that was before we discovered Icmeler!

That was several years ago now, and we've been back every year since - usually twice a year! Hasn't lost any of its magic for us - and because we had to cancel our planned visit at the end of May because I had to have an emergency operation, we can't wait to get back again, probably in September.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
123 reviews
9. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

I cannot believe the effect Icmeler has on everyone. I think I can pretty much guarantee that anyone that visits would make a return visit at some point. usually the following year and the next!!

northwich
Level Contributor
282 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Hope that magic is still there?

Icmeler is still superb but still don't think the new canal market is a anything like the old one, Would still consider reinstating it.

Other improvements are good.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations