We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shuttle or taxi from airport

Ireland
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
shuttle or taxi from airport

Hi everyone, arrive in early hours of 29th June. I do not want to get a coach that takes hours travelling, my question is, if I book a shuttle that holds 14 or 15 people, is there any chance it might end up with a coach journey because of the amount of people travelling with the same company? I think I read on the forum somewhere that the shuttle costs a lot less than a taxi and I don't mind the extra half an hour on the journey, but I def don't want a coach. We are staying at the far end of Icmeler and would more than likely be the last drop off when we arrive.

Also, what is the most reliable company to book the shuttle with (that I can be assured that it IS a shuttle and not a large coach)

Thanks for your help.

Edited: 14 June 2012, 16:24
Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

I have used the shuttle on around 12 trips and not once have I been put on a large bus, One of the Destination experts from Marmaris however booked a shuttle and was put on a Large bus, So play safe get the Taxi transfare that takes 70ish minutes.

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Ireland
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

Yes, just thinking about it, I think the taxi is def the safest best. Is DM transfers a reliable company. This is my first time booking everything seperately and am just a bit cautious lol - and am I right in thinking they like to be paid in sterling when they pick up at the airport. Also, do I pay the total amount for the return journey then and arrange a pick up time with them when we travel back to airport. Sorry for so many questions! Thanks

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

If you hv a look on this forum there is a link to DM transfers, we hv bkd them for august cos usually jst stick with the tour operator coach but last year was a nitemare. When you book online they send you an email confirmation detailing everything even confirming the time they will pick you up you jst take this email with you and presumabky jst look for your name on a board when you get there or goto one of their desks! we hv paid £94 return for 4 people a.d I'm beginning to think it will be the best £94 ever spent!!! Where are you staying? Be interested to hear how you get on should you bk DM. Hv a good holiday.

Ireland
Level Contributor
83 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

we are staying in the Oylum Gardens at the far end of Icmeler. Think I will book DM later on today. Price quoted online is £74 return for 2 people, so Ithink that's quite reasonable. I will let u know how I get on before you go in August.

Looking forward to nice break in the sun, you have a good holiday as well.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

Ok that would be great, thank you

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

Before going 3 weeks ago I had been praising shuttle transfers as I had always found I was on a small mini bus that got me there in just under 2 hours.However if you read my review in the Holiday Reviews in the right hand column you will see this year was a nightmare. Hasn't necessarily put me off shuttle transfers, as they are so cheap, but I will be a lot more careful in future about who I use. However £74.00 sounds ok to me for a private transfer.

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
519 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

You wo't regret booking DM transfers, they are really good, I travelled with them last year, 70 mins to hotel. We are paying 94 pounds for 4 of us, well worth the money.The cars they use are superb, and they are very easy to deal with, no phoneing on the return journey.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

We decided to go with the shuttle again this year after thinking about private transfer as we had already booked them.

Arriving at the airport we were told bus would be 10 mins, more like 20 but was ok, it did arrive but woudnt start! There was only about 10 of us on it, a breeze I thought! Was great down to the last 2 dropoffs in Marmaris till driver got lost, in fairness it was not his fault as we were very close to the dropoff but was not signed and wasnt helped by the other woman shrieking that she wanted dropped off first!

At last we were the only ones for Icmeler and it went quickly from then but in total was about 3 hours from airport.

We thought about booking with DM as they were the cheapest and would do next time

Should add that we have done shuttles lots of times before and never had a problem

Edited: 14 June 2012, 19:57
Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
9. Re: shuttle or taxi from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler