We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good hotel

glasgow
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
good hotel

Hey never been to Turkey but my partner and I fancy Icmeler.We dont care what board basis,just looking for a hotel thats really nice and in Icmeler itself,thanks

Worc's
Level Contributor
157 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good hotel

We are staying at the mas bas hotel next week for two weeks will put my review on when we return

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good hotel

A friend has stayed at the Navy, which is very central. Does B&B or HB.......would suggest you go out to eat as so many lovely restaurants to choose from.

Im looking at the Bonjour/Ida. They are next door to each other and in the main square. Got good reviews and look really nice. Both do BB and HB and the Bonjour also does apartments.

I have previously done apartments in the old village. Would recommend Club Sun Village or Sun Village. Very basic but extremely friendly.

Sure you will love Icmelar. I didnt fancy Turkey but was talked into .........never looked back and this will be my fourth year on the run.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good hotel

Stayed at Gondol,Alvaro,Navy,Greenworld,Efendi all good places,Theres too many good places to eat and drink so self catering is a good choice. Im sure you will enjoy Icmeler and all it has to offer .

glasgow
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good hotel

thanks for the ideas folks,want to sample all the restruants.Look forward to hearing your review Carol.Turkey was a place I never fancied but the more you get good reports,Im up for it,lol.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good hotel

Hi ally we have just come back after 2 weeks at the Aqua hotel, it was great.it is AI though but the food and drink were really good. Very comfortable rooms, We ate out a few times but not due to food just really to get out and about.

The hotel itself is right on the beachfront with free sunbeds. Couldnt fault hotel in any way

east yorkshire
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: good hotel

We've been twice,first year stayed at the bahar,one of the best places we've ever stayed at,only basic but clean with nice people running it,tried to book the following year but was full.

Went back the following year and stayed at the club daystar,or what we renamed it (club no star)'no room ready, the manager was a nutter, if you didn't spend all your money in the bar/restaurant, none of the staff would talk to you,needles to say we won't be going back.

The resort it self is great,hope this helps.

glasgow
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good hotel

thanks Allison,right on the beachfront sounds lovely.Mark your post made me LOL,had a similar experience in Greece with a nutjob manager only he had a huge Alsation behind reception,needless to say I never took my debate very far,lol.thanks again for the suggestions,I will have a browse about on here.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good hotel

Personally we like to go self catering in an apartment as we like to go out to different restaurants at night. Eating out is still very reasonable. You will also find that most restaurants put on some kind of entetainment from about 10.30 to encourage you to stay there. Usually dancing waiters, Michael Jackson/Tina Turner tributes,Folk Dancers, etc. A bit samey but good fun if you haven't seen it before. Most apartments and hotels are walkable to the centre/beach.

9. Re: good hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:11
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler