We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolmus

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dolmus

We go in 3 weeks time and I was wandering are the dolmus easy to use etc, we would like to take the dolmus from icmeler to Marmaris to view apartments well back from sea front as well as some restaurants etc named on here. Basically is it difficult to find out what dolmus we would take to go to certain areas? We are staying at Oren Hill apartments which seem to be quite a bit back from the seafront so it may not be as handy as other areas to catch the dolmus. Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Home Bistro
₹, European, Turkish, International
Sevgi Bar
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Pub
Golden Moon champagne steak house
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Steakhouse, Pizza, Mediterranean
North west
Level Contributor
518 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolmus

Not sure where Oren Hill is, but the dolmus will go near. I stayed far back in the village last year and catching the dolmus was no problem. They run all over and I found last year that they came back different ways dependant on where people wanted to get off.

To be honest, they run pretty much like a taxi compared to our buses. Just go to the stop and one will be along in 5 minutes. If you set off walking and then decide you want the dolmus they will stop for you. Brilliant service

GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolmus

Hi Steve. th.e Dolmus runs close by the Oren Hill. When you leave the apartments head for the new school ,once there take a left turn until you come to the Dry Canal, just stand on the corner and flag the Dolmus down. They run at very regular intervals.If you wish to go to Marmaris just tell the driver and upon reaching Icmeler he will guide you to the correct stop for a connecting Dolmus He will not charge you for the journey to town as long as you are going to Marmaris, i hope all that makes sense. Jim

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolmus

Cheers Jim, I have looked at the maps of Icmeler and Marmaris and just wandered how you get from a to b depending on where your going. Basically then if you are in one area and want to go to another area or part of town the driver will tell you what stop to go to. Really cant wait to go. Jim do you know the apartments we are staying at?

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolmus

Hi Steven, i know exactly where they are having walked past them numerous times but never had a look round. They are relatively new and look impressive, they are in the old village in a great setting.Our Turkish friends run the village shop -Meksa Market- next to the new school, Azize and Ali, say hello from me and Annette. When you face the shop turn left and follow the road until you come to the Mola Aparts, take a right turn then a left turn at the end of that road, walk another 20yards and you will and there is Tommys Restaurant which is excellent. Alongside this is a 24 hour supermarket and a dolmus stop.It is only a 3 min walk from your apartments.Enjoy your holiday.Jim

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolmus

Thank you so much Jim, much appreciated. Dont think I have ever been this excited about a holiday in my life so fingers crossed icmeler lives upto expectations. Thanks again

6. Re: Dolmus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:11
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations