We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how busy is 2012?

leeds uk
Level Contributor
191 posts
16 reviews
how busy is 2012?

Hi all

any chance of updates through this season as to how busy icmeler is?

i know from talking to a lot of local bar and restaurant owners last year they were concerned icmeler seemingly had less people on holiday so it would be interesting to see if its picked up this year.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: how busy is 2012?

Looking at the two webcams it looks fairly busy, two of our des are due back soon so they will be able to tell us more

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: how busy is 2012?

Hotel capacity last month was 50% slightly lower than last year.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
212 reviews
3. Re: how busy is 2012?

Daughter just got back yesterday and said it seemed quiet compared to previous visits at this time of year. Some bars/restaurants were very busy, while others almost empty.

Chester
Level Contributor
235 posts
56 reviews
4. Re: how busy is 2012?

I think it will be worse next year with the price of the flights doubling.

Dave

northwich
Level Contributor
281 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: how busy is 2012?

If flights do double people will look elsewhere

GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: how busy is 2012?

Got back on Saturday and bars / restaurants seemed to be picking up from Thursday at least Tommys and ZaZas were.

North west
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: how busy is 2012?

People who went last week need to remember that this is usually the Spring Bank week so it is possible that it could be quieter than normal. As JIM60SCUNNY says the bars were picking up from Thursday, which would tie in with the late spring bank week.

Ive spoken to a bar in the village and they were saying it was quiet at the end of May. Hope it picks up....the season is very short and these lovely people need to make their money.

Hope people remember that when they start grumbling about being asked to buy a drink/try the food. These people need to make a living and rely on us for it. Only same as us in whatever profession we work. Having gone as a lone woman for 3 years I have never had uncomfortable hassle......if I don't want to try I just politely say 'no'. To me it stands to reason that your accommodation will expect you to spend some money there....even if its only a couple of drinks a day!!!

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
212 reviews
8. Re: how busy is 2012?

Daughter said they didn't really experience any hassle from the bars/restaurants - the worst were the tour operators stands.

Earra Gael
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
9. Re: how busy is 2012?

Dave wrote "I think it will be worse next year with the price of the flights doubling."

Where did that frightening information come from? If it is the case that the cost of flights double, that will surely be the case across the board and not only Turkey will be affected.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,270 posts
111 reviews
10. Re: how busy is 2012?

every1 in Marmaris is saying its very quiet restuarants less than half full there is far to many hotels going All Inc and people are staying in there hotels such a shame as there are so many great restaurants with alot better food than they will get in there hotels places are closing already and this is just the start..

we will see for ourselfs in less than a 2 weeks :)))

Stevie

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations