We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Euro .

merseyside
Level Contributor
881 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
The Euro .

Will I be able to use 1 Euro coins in Icmeler ?

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Euro .

Yes you can most Shops and Markets Stalls will accept them as they can use them for change to others when need be.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,429 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Euro .

what rwb as failed to mention is the poor rate on the euro in turkey, by all means spend up what you have but paying in sterling will go alot further..... 1 suggestion i saw the other week use your euros in dalaman, most things are priced in euros there. matt

merseyside
Level Contributor
881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Euro .

rwb47

Thanks for your reply . I thought I was stuck with them I won't be going to europe again for ages !

merseyside
Level Contributor
881 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Euro .

Thanks Matt .

Earra Gael
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: The Euro .

Aye, cheers Matt. I have a puckle of Euros left over from Tenerife earlier this year and had forgotten about the pricing in duty free. At least you get a better rate for them than those from the Bank of Alec Salmond.

Mentioned in this post
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Euro .

I better clarify this a little better, They wont allow you to pay for things that are 5 euro with 5 x 1 Euro coins etc etc, They will however allow you to pay 1 euro for an item selling for 1 Euro or 6 Euro with a 5 euro note and 1 Euro coin etc etc. Supermarkets will not accept any coinage whatsoever these are Dia and Tansas.

7. Re: The Euro .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:11
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler