We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Much Money to Take?

Aberdeen, Scotland
3 posts
Save Topic
How Much Money to Take?

Hi, I am going to Icmeler with my boyfriend for two weeks in June. We are staying at Club Aquarium, Self-Catering.

So we are likely to be eating out at least twice a day, and will want to go on a few trips - maybe Jeep Safari, Mud Baths and a Boat trip or something like that. We will also be drinking every night. Will likely visit the beach a few times too.

Really not sure how much money to take as I have not been to Turkey without my parents before. Any thoughts?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Much Money to Take?

I Would say about £100 a day between you is more than enough.

I take £50 a day for myself and i have two meals a day, drinks in the evening and a couple of trips covers it. It depends how much and what you drink, i dont drink a lot of alcohol and dont really have cocktails either.

I take a bit extra for my shopping but usually end up bringing money home with me because ive not used all of the daily £50 budget ha ha

Hope this helps

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How Much Money to Take?

I am taking £400 for myself for one week, if that helps any. I think sometimes when its hot, you don't feel like eating lunch as well as dinner, or sometimes just breakfast or vice versa so money gets spread out. Drinking wise, there are plenty of bars that offer 2 for 1 or happy hour or something similar that will at least help with spreading the cost.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How Much Money to Take?

I agree with icemelergirl...we take £100 per day between us and that's always been enough for meals, drinks and a couple of trips :)

Essex
Level Contributor
477 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How Much Money to Take?

Overall me and my husband spent £1600 last year but we drink rather a lot of alcohol and three meals a day. We were not careful where we ate or drank, had a couple of trips, hubby had a tattoo done, we bought a couple of tops & brought home 1000 fags. We were completely amazed actually how far the money went! Have a great time xx

Leeds
Level Contributor
26 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How Much Money to Take?

Me and my partner are taking around £500 each for 2 weeks and that should cover us. Just budget how much you have each day and don't overspend.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How Much Money to Take?

Here's a good tip to do, Take Paper Envelopes with you and whatever money you have when you arrive divide the money into Equal amounts and put it in the Envelope and seal it, Put it into eithier your case and lock it or a Saftey deposit box at the hotel, Just take out your share each day and any left over just put back into the empty Envelope, Halfway into your holiday add up the open envelopes and share them into equal amounts into the alread used envelopes.

£50 per person is normally more than enough, Look for set meals when eating as these work out as cheap as single meals.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Much Money to Take?

thats a really good tip about the envelopes, i like it

London UK
Level Contributor
243 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How Much Money to Take?

I'm fascinated by your open comments - are we really allowed to bring 1000 cigarettes back? As a smoker I would grasp the opportunity but suspect it may not be legal and if the authorities look at TA future searches could ensue ..

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How Much Money to Take?

You are only allowed to bring 200 cigs per person into the UK as Turkey is not in the EU..If you bring more its at your own risk with the UK customs...Although the dutyfree shops at the Turkish airports will tell you that you can taske more but that is not the case..

WENDY

London UK
Level Contributor
243 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How Much Money to Take?

I thought that was the case - doesn't it seem a bit daft to publicise the fact that the rules have been flaunted as mentioned on message 4 ..

Edited: 31 May 2012, 17:23
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler