We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler to Izmir

Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Icmeler to Izmir

Can somebody please tell me how long this journey is by car? Google saying 3 hours but a lady has posted on one of the topics it took 6 hours each way! We need to visit in August to get our papers sorted and I really don't fancy a 12 hour round trip.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icmeler to Izmir

I done the same as yourself a few years back and found out that Izmir was closer in miles than Antalya where I actually got my papers translated, I was told that Izmir was 5 hours and Antalya was 6, Antalya was actually 5 hours, I have a friend whom works in Icmeler every season whom comes from Izmir and I will ask him in June actually how long it takes and let you know then Ok?

Mentioned in this post
Izmir
Izmir
Izmir Province, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icmeler to Izmir

Google says 4+ hours for me, which is probably about right. It's got to be about 2hrs 30mins to Aydin where you get on the motorway.

Edited: 21 May 2012, 16:28
Mentioned in this post
Aydin
Aydin
Aydin Province, Turkey
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icmeler to Izmir

I'd allow 5 hours.

Edinburgh and...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Icmeler to Izmir

Icmeler to Izmir, depending on how you travel, By Public Transport or by car takes about 5 hours by bus and around 4 hours by car.

There is a lot of confusion over where to go for your documentation when marrying in Turkey and it all depends where you are staying. If in the Marmaris area then it is Izmir you should travel to and certainly not Antalya, which is much further away.

If you travel by public transport you probably will be taking the Istanbul bus. When you arrive at Izmir Bus Station you will then require taxis to the British Consulate and Turkish Authorities. Therefore it is much easier to go by private car/minibus.

Hope this has helped!.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Izmir
Izmir
Izmir Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Marmaris
Marmaris
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Icmeler to Izmir

Thanks for all your replies they're very helpful. Looks like we'll have to bite the bullet and buy a good book for the journey!

6. Re: Icmeler to Izmir

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler