We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long !

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
how long !

Hi, can anyone tell me how long it takes to icmeler from the airport ? I read it can take 3hrs!! if that's the case i was wondering about private transfers ? if anyone has been recently can you tell me if this is the case.......thanks

Essex
Level Contributor
477 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: how long !

It depends how you are getting there. My husband and I booked a private transfer last year and it took 90 mins however my Mum and Dad has priority drop off on a Thomas Cook bus and got there in just under 3 hours.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
2. Re: how long !

jandeniz

It can take 3 hours or even more. Depends on many things. First of all if you are on the tour operators coach you may have to wait quite a while before the coach even leaves the airport (until all passengers are on coach). Then there might be a comfort stop of around 20+ mins or so. Then you may have to drop a few people of in Marmaris at different accomodations before heading to Icmeler. When you reach Icmeler it depends if you are one of the first to be dropped off or one of the last. Add all this to the journey time of around 90 mins and you can see how it might take 3 hours or more.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
12,520 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: how long !

yes agree with gtt, we dont normally mind it taking upto 3 hours on the coach but this year opting for a private transfer 1 way... not in a rush to get home so will get the coach back to airport. matt

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: how long !

Hi jandeniz, it took us 3 hours last year so we hv bkd a private transfer this year.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: how long !

All of these times are based on my own experiences and are based on when I have left the Airport.

Rented car 1 hour 5 mins with no stopping en route,

Taxi transfer 1 hour 10 mins with no stopping en route,

Private Transfer 1 hour 25 mins with no stopping en route,

Shuttle transfer, 1 hour 30 mins,with no stopping en route, or with a stop en route 1 hour 45 mins,

Tour operator large Coach 2 to 3 hours with a stop en route that usually takes 30 mins.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
424 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: how long !

Yes agree with .mattandkaren. We have transfers included this year (booked a package as it worked out cheaper), but we will still book private transfer from Dalaman to Icmeler. (We will tell rep on arrival that we don't require the transfer). On way home will use the transfer coach.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
662 posts
51 reviews
7. Re: how long !

Agreed last yr first time we went we got TC trf & it was a nightmare. Took 3 hours and they were three longest hours of my life. My parents have friends there who do private transfers to 2nd time we went we used them :) 1 hour 15 or so it took much better start to out holiday - def worth spendin that extra for our hols :)

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: how long !

Agree with RWB. It tends to be the the large coach used by the tour operators, with all the drop offs, which takes the most time.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: how long !

Thanks for the info. folks, can you tell me how much it would be just for one way and do i need to book it now or can i wait till i arrive at Dalaman.Were off 2weeks on Thursday can't wait ....first time:)

10. Re: how long !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations