We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Aquarium pool

Manchester...
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Aquarium pool

Can anyone tell me if the pool is really deep or is there a shallow end where a non swimmer can stand up. I know it seems a daft question but we went to Club ilayda in Marmaris last year and my wife could not stand up in anywhere of the pool as it was too deep. Being a non swimmer she likes to lounge in the pool standing up to cool down in that glorious sunshine lol

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Aquarium pool

Not sure about the pool but I don't like the deep end so I sit on a lilo in the pool to cool down

North west
Level Contributor
518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Aquarium pool

Bit of a funny pool. Mainly I got in at the reception end where you could walk down the steps. You could stand up here at the sides but then I ended up on my tip toes (I.m 5ft 5') as you move away.

At the other end of the pool they did aqua aerobics but this was in a very small space due to depth of pool .....and a bit rubbish really.

I'm just like your wife.....and yes it is deep in the middle and towards the waterfall and restaurant side. Just need to take care and find your own comfort zone! Enjoy.

South Wales
Level Contributor
14 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Aquarium pool

She'll have no problem in the shallow end as it's about 4 ft deep or even less. My 14 year old daughter is very comfortable there. The deepest part is about 5'4". Many pools in Turkey are quite deep with no shallow end so this one is one of the exceptions and suitable for non swimmers.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Manchester...
Level Contributor
46 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Aquarium pool

Cheers everyone for the answers my wife is over the moon. 72 more days and counting.

5. Re: Grand Aquarium pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:11
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler