We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unblocked phone

wales
Level Contributor
270 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
unblocked phone

Hi i will be taking an unblocked mobile phone with me on hol can i simply buy a sim card and load with money over there if so how much is a sim card cheers carol

sheffield
Level Contributor
708 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: unblocked phone

Hi Carolxj,

You can get a Turkcel card in Turkey I dont think its very expensive and the mobile shop will set it up for you. This year we are going to use Skype. I dont know what type of phone you have, but Skype to Skype is free and Skype to land line for voice calls is only a couple of pence a minute.

If you dont understand Skype, but have any kids between 10 & 15 they will put you right. I'm 67 and found out on line.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
9,551 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: unblocked phone

To be honest if you are calling the UK from Turkey you are better off buying a phone card and using the public phones. Both calling and texting abroad from Turkish mobile is quite expensive.

İf you intend using the Sim to make calls within Turkey then it may be worth while getting a sim card. You will need to take your passport with you to buy it. Most are around 25 lira. Make sure you

The English language part of the Avea website http://www.avea.com.tr/index_en.shtml

Vodafone site is in Turkish but check out that and Turkcell as well as they all offer pay as you go packages.

Make sure you ask for Faturasiz - basically bıll less!!!

3. Re: unblocked phone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations