We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarket

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
supermarket

just a quick question, we are staying self catering when we go to icmeler and i was just wondering if the Tansas supermarket is the cheapest ornot? i know from looking at a map of icmeler that there is another supermarket along the other end of the street. Which one is the cheapest?

thanks

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarket

There are plenty of supermarkets round the resort we have always found tansas to be the cheapest

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarket

Like Sue I have always used the Tansas,there is a lovely bakery just behind it where you can get fresh warm bread all day.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarket

Like Sue and ethansnan we also use Tansas. We visit on the first day and stock up on essentials and maybe visit again at the beginning of the second week. For daily items like bread and milk we just use the nearest minimarket. We always go to the Wednesday Market for fruit as we don't think anyone can beat it for quality or price.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarket

Thank you everyone, Tansas it is then, and like you said IainDGlasgow, we will have a trip to the market for our fruit. Thank you

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarket

the market is fabulous for fruit. Having said that there are lots of other supermarkets and the fruit is equally as good. it tastes totally different from UK fruit in that you can actually taste it.

If you enjoy cooking the garlic is also far superioir, we normally take back a few cloves

Darwen, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarket

If you want fresh food try the markets, the one in Marmaris is amazing to wander around & so cheap & all food in season. I think the you can find things cheaper in some supermarkets & then in others just shop around & find which one suits you.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
365 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: supermarket

yes we do like garlic, we use a lot of it at home, so will def have to try that. Someone also told me to buy some bottles of mayonaise as it is really nice as well.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,483 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: supermarket

we personally dont like marmaris market, icmeler market is much better, its open air at icmeler whereas marmaris is under cover and a complete sweat pit./ matt

Scarborough England
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: supermarket

Which map of Icmeler does it show you where the supermarkets are please?

10. Re: supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations