We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel republic - do i use

staffordshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
travel republic - do i use

hi, looking for a holiday, 2 weeks in june in icmeler, im thinking of using travel republic, any one had any problems.

thanks

emma

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel republic - do i use

Hi Emma

Used them for the first time last year and had no problems. Was very impressed with them and will be using them again soon to book for this year.

Iain

wales
Level Contributor
813 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel republic - do i use

Always use them for accommodation and never have any problems.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel republic - do i use

What about full holiday packages, transfers flights etc, thanks emma x

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
17,789 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel republic - do i use

the best online travel agent there is IMO

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel republic - do i use

i used twice last year for full packages and every thing went great

staffordshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel republic - do i use

How do you know how much travel suit case allowance you got .... Do they tell you at booking. Thanks

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,774 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel republic - do i use

Last year we had 20kg of hold luggage and 5kg of hand luggage. The same holiday with Thomas Cook only gave 15kg of hold luggage with a charge to upgrade to 20kg. They tell you the allowances when you book.

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel republic - do i use

As Iain said. Once you book your flights with TR you are told what baggage allowance you are entitled too, you should get an option to upgrade your baggage allowance to 20kg somewhere on the booking page.

The one thing to be aware of when using TR is that you are in effect booking 3 seperate legs of a holiday 1. Flights, 2. Transfer & 3 Accomodation neither of these 3 options are actually a whole holiday "package" as sold by travel agents. I've tried to get travel agents to do their price match offers against TR and they always use that excuse. Doesn't bother me that it isn't a "package" and I've used TR for loads of jaunts around Europe and have never had a problem (in fact I've never met anyone who has). In fact not having a rep and doing things independently is the way to go! Having said that I've only started using TR since the kids no longer want to come on holiday with Mum & Dad - I never risked independent booking when the kids were travelling with us (wish I had though it would have saved me a fortune)

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: travel republic - do i use

Ive also used travelrepublic a couple of times with no problems.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel republic - do i use

Also using Travel Republic, love the way you can build the holiday to suit your needs. I have used travel republic several times now and never had a problem.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler