We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porridge

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Porridge

Morning all,I know may seem silly ,but can u get porridge there or in the restaraunts .Hubby has it most mornings he's diabetic and this is brill for his breakie.it will save us taking a box .thanks

Chester
Level Contributor
235 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Porridge

I have never seen porridge in the resort so if i was you I would take s box with you.

Dave

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,360 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porridge

I have never seen Porridge on any Breakfast menu or in a Restaurant, but that does not mean its not there.

One way round this would be to take the single serving sachets. These can be Micro Waved & I have tried these on Holiday, & they are quite nice.

This would cut down on weight, as they could be jus be put in the case loose.

Cheers

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porridge

Thanks for that.yep we do get the microwave ones sometimes.but don't have micro in apartment.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,204 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Porridge

they should sell Porridge in the large supermarkets Kipa in Marmaris is Tesco they would defo sell it in there..

Stevie

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Porridge

I have seen bags of Turkish oats in Migros and Tansas supermarkets - but never English brands. Still cook up just the same.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Porridge

It is possible to get porridge oats but the problem is Anita doesnt have a microwave in the apartment.

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,204 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Porridge

she will have a pot and cooker ring GTT ma grandpa ma will be turning in his grave at the mention of a microwave!!!!!!!!!

Stevie

Radstock, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Porridge

Thanks all.as long as we can get oats that's fine,I'd rather do them on a pan anyway.Also I can make a batch and then just reheat them.

Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,740 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Porridge

Oh goodness - no need to do that! they only need stirring through for about 4 minutes! Look at the great ideas for serving it with fruit and honey etc here on this link:

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1431/perfect-porridge

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
18,204 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Porridge

Anita you will be able to fit them in your case no problem we take a big box of cornflakes wi us every year a like some 1st thing in morn before going out..

Stevie

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations