We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icemeler Hotels which one ?

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Icemeler Hotels which one ?

Hi all I'm looking for a bit of help choosing a hotel in Icemeler. We have been to turkey 7 or 8 times now and although we venture into icemeler regularly we have never stayed there (we usually stay in marmaris). We always stay at the same hotel in Marmaris and as such know exactley what to expect and are familiar with the area but this time I have no idea.

I am looking for something central within easy walk of the beach (this is where most of our time will be spent) the room needs to be of decent size ( there are 2 adults a teenager and a 5 year old )

a basic room is fine as long as it has a fridge and entertainment is not vital as we will be out and about most days and nights although we will usually have drinks at the bar, to give you an idea we always stay at the aparthotel Irmak this was before the recent owner change.

So what do you recomend I am swaying towrds the Ozlem 2 at the minute as it looks like a small family run hotel but am very open to suggestions as like I said I have no clue when it comes to icemeler hotels.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

Hi Ozlem 2 are above the shops on the main road about 5 minutes to the beach they are self catering.

I have put a link up so you can take a peak at what hotels are in the area but there are many more besides it just gives you an idea of what is on offer, also if you have a look at www.travelrepublic.co.uk/flights/turkey.html this may give you some ideas, hope this helps

http://www.icmeleronline.com/

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

There is a good choice of hotels however not many of them will have a fridge. To be honest I think you would be better going self catering. There is a huge choice of apartments,you would have a fridge and eating out in Icmeler is reasonably priced. If you decide to stay in and cook there are plenty of supermarkets to buy fresh food

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,483 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

heya mrs podington, we have also chosen to stay in icmeler for the first time after staying in marmaris for years.. we chose the navy hotel but on half board basis as it was only £100 more for the 3 of us than if we went self catering.... as food is cheap in resort we didnt mind paying the extra to stay half board knowing if its not good we can eat out cheaply anyway... we have a family room for 2 adults and a 7yo for 2 weeks in june. we paid a total of £1200 for the lot of us through thomas cook but the hotel is actually with thomson... might sound alot but priced it up seperate and wouldve cost a little more. matt

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

The hotel Private which is in the centre of the resort on the canal have family rooms at the end of each corridor.

They consist of a double bedroom with shower room and a door leading to a twin bedded room.

Its a clean basic hotel and has a lovely pool area.

Northumberland
Level Contributor
575 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

Matt

There's a great bar right outside your hotel called the The Romeo & Juliet sure it will become your local, staff are superb Hassan is great (if he's not managed to move to the UK by move).

It has all the TV, sports or otherwise you could want good pool table and free wifi and decent snack menu.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

Thanks for all your replys I have decided that I am going to go with the ozlem 2 it has great reviews and is central to everything so looks like it will suit our needs and if not it's only somewhere to lay your head I dont plan on being in the room that much lol. Also I have managed to get a great price £1490 for all 4 of us at the ozlem 2 for 2 weeks in summer holiday time including flights. Many thanks once again I'm sure I will be hanging around the forums to pick up tips and I will write a review when we get back.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

Good chose when are you going

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

Looks like it will be the 23rd of july I can't wait it always feels like going home when we go to turkey, we always try other places in between but they just never quite live up to our turkish experiences .

9. Re: Icemeler Hotels which one ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 00:38
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations