We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Icmeler the right place????

staffordshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is Icmeler the right place????

Hi all,

I have been to Olu Deniz 18 Months ago and loved it. We did the mud baths, boat trips, turkish baths etc.

We are thinking of returning to turkey in may/june possibly sept and was wondering if Icmeler is the right destination.

Me and my partner are in the 30s no kids, work hard, like to chill but also enjoy some music when we like it, not in your face.

Is there plenty of other trips to do and things generally to do in the area.

Please help. thanks in advance.

Emma

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

Hi Emma

I have been going to icmeler since 1998 and love it.

There are two parts to icmeler I would say the centre where all the shops bars and beach is and the old village which I fell in love with a few years ago. You have the best of both worlds then. If you fancy some music just head into the centre

Marmaris is only 15 minutes away my dolmus for a more lively resort. Or you can go by taxi boat. On the other side of icmeler is a small fishing village called turunc they have a lovely beach and market on a Monday. You can either go by boat or bus.

If you take a look at the top questions on the right there is a thread on typical prices and trips to go on as well as other information on the resort.

You will love icmeler it is so beautiful

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
staffordshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

Hello, thank you so much for your comments. Would you stay all inclusive, half board, B&B or self catering and have you got some recommendations of hotels etc. Really appreciate your help. Thanks Emma

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

Personally I would stay self catering as there are so many restaurant to eat in. I love the old village as It is peaceful it is only ten minutes walk to the centre. A place I would recommend would be senem apartments. We stayed there twice last year and also going back in September. They are rated on trip advisor as 4th so they are pretty good.

Just to get some ideas on what is on offer I would look on icmeleronline site. If you need any help just let us know.

We had a new member here last year who we met in icmeler when we went in may they loved it so much they booked to go there again in September last year

Edited: 10 February 2012, 22:14
yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,430 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

just to add if you liked olu deniz, you will love icmeler... pretty similar resorts only icmeler is much cheaper. matt

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

Icmeler is a good choce, slightly larger than Olu and generally cheaper as well. Great choice of restaurants, and I would agree with Sue that in Icmeler, self catering is best. Most of the AI in Icmeler are fairly poor with repetitive menus and not the greatest food either. Icmeler has well over 100 restaurants from cheap and cheerful to top quality and budgets to suit everyone.

icmeler is fairly compact and I would recommend staying in the village area. The main drag is only about 10/15 minute stroll away and the area if flat

Check out the links to the right for an idea of things to do, prices restaurants etc

if you are booking independently you will find some great deals on flights and apartments at www.travelrepublic.com.

May and June is a great time to go and the apartment prices are usually fairly well priced

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
staffordshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

Any recommendations for some self catering in the old village ... thanks so much for all your help everyone xxx

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

Hi if you have a look on www.icmeleronline.com under apartments you will see the senem and angel inn. I have stayed at senem twice and angel the once I can recommend these. Also the Rhodes apartments are really nice apartments.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

Agree with smc4761, I would recommend staying in the Old Village area of Icmeler which is lovely and then it is a nice 10-15 minute stroll into "town". Icmeler is a great place, compact with lots to do but not too big. It suits all ages with lots of nice places to eat and nice bars. It has a nice beach and a lovely setting with a great friendly atmosphere. Also it is not far to Marmaris if you want more excitement.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris
Marmaris
staffordshire
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

Any recommendation for old village appreciated Thanks Emma

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Icmeler the right place????

My Mum & Dad had been coming to Icmeler for years and loved it but could they convince me to come for a holiday..no way !, Turkey. Dont fancy it was always the answer. Then in my second year of study I really needed to get away so I relented and we stayed at the Bal apartments in the old town and well it was the most beautiful, relaxing, friendly place I had ever been to. Loads of little bars to visit on the lovely walk into the town, the people are so friendly you will want to come back. I was hooked. Have stayed at the Blue Rainbow all inclusive in the town for 2 years on the trot and last year at the L'Etoile only because my experience have convinced my 3 sisters and they like all inclusive. To be honest self catering is best option as the restaurants are all top class.Cant wait to go back in June !,

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
L'Etoile Hotel
L'Etoile Hotel
884 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler