We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito Repellants

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
Mosquito Repellants

One of the most asked questions last year was "what do people use to avoid bites" I have added this to the most asked questions to the right of the threads

I take Vit B tablets 2 weeks before i go and whilst i am away

Avon Skin so soft - soft and fresh (blue design bottle)

Add lemon grass to sun tan lotion and after sun

Has anyone else got any tips?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
597 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Mosquito Repellants

Lemon and tea tree shower gel and if i do get bit i use Zap It zapper bite relief. The bite doesnt even come up and it takes the itch away.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Mosquito Repellants

Don't bother weighting down your luggage with stuff from home(Jungle Formula etc.) because Turkish mozzies just laugh at it all :) Wait until you arrive and buy either Sinkov or Johnson&Johnson's Off.Both available in spray or lotion forms but the former makes it easier to reach those odd spots like the middle of shoulders.All chemists,supermarkets and mini marts sell it and it isn't very expensive.

Avoid using deodorant,hairspray,perfumes etc as these attract mozzies and other biting insects.Make full use of the refreshing lemon cologne on sale everywhere as an alternative. Especially apply in the morning and at sunset as these cooler times of the day are when they are most active-but as we all know Turkish mozzies are at it pretty much 24/7 LOL!

Always give your feet and ankles an extra going over as this is generally a favourite dining spot.

There are excellent anti histamine creams available from chemists for those unlucky to throw an allergy but prevention is always the best course.

Edit;posted at the same time :)Yes,tea tree is a very good natural antiseptic and will help to repell and also protect your skin from any bugs too.

Edited: 22 January 2012, 01:31
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Mosquito Repellants

Vitamin pills don't weigh much sari just pop a pill each morning and away I go lol

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,332 posts
74 reviews
4. Re: Mosquito Repellants

Well suemackey you have just solved a puzzle for me.I have always been a magnet for mossies,but in recent years I have not had any bites,I thought it was down to the Sinkov but in recent years I have had B12 injections every 3 months,so it seems this may be the reason.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,678 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Mosquito Repellants

Oh sari no deodarant, no wonder they stay away lol

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
6. Re: Mosquito Repellants

I swear by ''Mosquito Milk'' and the tonic (quinine) mixed in with vodka :)

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
7. Re: Mosquito Repellants

glad your puzzle is solved, i realised that this was the one for me when one day i just completely forgot to take the tablet in the morning and i got bitten at night.

Vit B tablets cannot be absorbed into your body you need to take them daily.

I know injections last for 3 months just to be safe make sure you have a top up before you go on holiday

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: Mosquito Repellants

Blue is this a spray version or taken by mouth lol

Essex
Level Contributor
341 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Mosquito Repellants

We must have been very lucky. Was in Icmeler last 2 weeks of August 2011. Did use a plug in repellant in room but didnt see a single mozzie. Didnt use any repellant spray and never got bitten. Don't remember anyone else around the pool complaining about bites either ????? Either very lucky or mozzies didnt fancy me!

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,125 posts
104 reviews
10. Re: Mosquito Repellants

I cant recall ever getting bitten in Icmeler..and I use deodrant,hairspray and perfume,so i never bother to use repellent anymore,I must be one of the lucky ones like Dawn T,but whenever I have been to Spain....thats another story,they love me there lol.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations