We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hays Travel

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
518 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Hays Travel

Has anybody used this company, I was going to book with them, but on Travel Agents reviews they have terrible comments, any body used them? Thank you.

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
518 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hays Travel

Amendment to my above question, I thought then of booking with sunshine holidays, who have excellent reviews, but found out now, that their head office is Hays travel. I am new to booking independantly, so I'm going round in circles really, any help out there please?

Level Contributor
198 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hays Travel

I've used Sunshine twice before and had no problems. as you say they have good reviews and they also include airline supplier failure in the cost of the booking. Tickets arrived when they were supposed to and no flight changes or anything.

Travel republic is another popular one used when doing a diy package

Edited: 20 January 2012, 19:02
Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hays Travel

Yes I have used Travel Republic several times with no problems at all. Friends of mine went to Kos with Hayes Travel flying with XL and while they were there the airline went bust. Hayes looked after them all and they were flown home as plannned on Monarch.

We were in Santorini at the same time, again we flew with XL but Jet2 flew us home. We booked our flights with Travel Republic so I would go with either of the two but Im leaning towards TR only because I've got first-hand experience of thier quality service.

Whoever you book with be sure the flight is ATOL protected.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hays Travel

I havnt used Hays travel,but can recommend travelrepublic,Ive used them a couple of times with no problems,customer services is great,they reply quickly to any email enquires and phone.Also have a look at mytravel for accomodation only,some really good prices for this year.

Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hays Travel

i have used hays travel and travel republic,both very good,if i had to choose tho i would go to travel republic first.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hays Travel

I have used Hays loads of times as their head office is based in my town.

There are a lot of companies that state they are part of Hays and give the Vine Place address as their head office but I have been told they are just part of the same federation that Hays are members of.

They have been trading for 30years and are the largest independant travel agent in England.

I have always had excellent prices from them and they beat quotes from other agents.

I went to Icmeler with Them in October and they were cheaper than me doing it DIY.It included a Thomson flight with 20kgs luggage allowance

We also used their transfers which only cost £24.47 for both of us.

I have also used their telesales.

I would prefer to book with them than Travel Republic as i have heard they have been bought by a company in Dubai!

Chester, United...
Destination Expert
for Dalyan
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hays Travel

Used Hayes many times but when Goldtrail went bust they were useless ,we did not get the help we needed from them.It seems they are fine when things go smoothly but usless when you hit a problem.

La Herradura, Spain
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hays Travel

Have used Hays twice before and found them ok. Also used Sunshine last year and found them really helpful and have just booked with them again to go to Egypt.

Hexham
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hays Travel

I have used this company Hays Travel Agents recently, and found them to go the extra mile for any client booking with them, will certainly use them for all my holiday arrangements in the future.

Brian Hubbard, Hexham

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hays Travel

Have used hays a couple of times and would recommend...i like that they are independent so look for the best deal available rather than just try to flog their own holidays!

Sel

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations