We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

leeds uk
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

has anyone any idea why thomas cook are no longer using the prince apartments?

we have had our holidays booked here for july 2012 since returning fom them this year in july cos we thought they were great vale for money and in a fantastic location, we booked a return to them in august and have just been informed we have to change to a differant place as they have been withdrawn for 2012, seeing as how they were always full and a great place to stay this is very strange, if anyone can shed any light as to whats happened i will be interested know and also who could you book with to go here in the future, i know "TUE" are one operater but they are only for scandanavians, has another british operater gone in?

Essex
Level Contributor
341 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

I was in Icmeler in August this year and went and had a look in the Prince Apartments. I had a chat with the receptionist who said that I would not be able to book with TC but I would be able to book direct with the Prince.

Not sure if another tour op has gone in. She told me that there were only approx 12 apartments available to Brits, the rest were for Scandanavians. Not sure how true any of this is , only what she told me.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Prince Apartments
Prince Apartments
104 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

We used to rent out our property in Bulgaria with first choice and I do know that the contracts are signed a year in advance so when you booked your holiday the contracts would have been in place on the system. I do know that hotels and aparts are monitored throughout the season and if something does not meet their criteria they can pull out. I am sure the prince had good reviews but the slightest thing can make them pull out.

Mentioned in this post
Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

http://www.yesilmarmaris.com/prince/, these are the people who have the prince aparts, and you can booking direct yourself, I put something about this on in September and i got this back in a reply, as we got told in September by the receptionist that it would be no longer Thomas Cook, hope this helps

north wales
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

Hi, cant get the above link to work

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

If you Google yesil marmaris then go to hotels it works

north wales
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

Thanks for that Sue, just looked and good god they are dear starting at £30.00 for 1 bed apartment in May and October and £60.00 per night in July and August, they are nice but have stayed in a lot better that were no way near them prices

leeds uk
Level Contributor
190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

thanks to all who replied, still gutted as we were well settled in the prince and although we have seen the mitos where we are staying now,

(because thomas cook pulled the rug from under our feet and we had only a few apartment options left to book eleswhere as the hotels we liked were booked up) most of the reports say its decent, but we are a little aprehensive as the rooms are aparently on the small side and there will be me, the wife and our two lads, so half of me thinks i should have got my money back and booked somewhere with bigger rooms with some other tour operater, anyway, whats done is done, i just hope the mitos have a few bigger rooms and w get lucky, once again, many thanks to you all for replying

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

Here's the direct link to book below.

www.yesilmarmaris.com/eng/hotels_prince.html

Marmaris, Turkey
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

NOTICE TO OUR GUESTS IN UNITED KINGDOM

FOR THE SUMMER 2012;

Dear our guests,

Starting from next summer season, Prince Apart Hotel is no longer working with Direct Holidays Travel Agency (which is part of Thomas Cook). Therefore, it will not be possible for our guests to book Prince Apart Hotel from any hotel brochures or internet web sites of Direct Holidays/Thomas Cook.

We kindly advise all of our British guests to contact directly to Prince Apart Hotel. If you wish to stay at Prince Apart Hotel in 2012, please contact us from our official internet website or via other contact details.

We wish to meet you again in the nearest future.

Best Regards,

Mr Mehmet Ali Tugay

Yesil Marmaris Tourism Inc. Director

Prince Apart Hotel

www.yesilmarmaris.com/prince

mehmet@yesilmarmaris.com

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: prince apartments withdrawn from thomas cook?

Thanks memhet for pointing members in.the right direction. All the best.for Christmas and new year

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations