We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting worried now....:-(

derbyshire england
Level Contributor
367 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting worried now....:-(

Hi all...perhaps i am worrying over nothing..we are booked in at Eden Garden next July for 2 weeks,2 adults and 2 16yr old lads...i'm just lookin at the reviews and everything seems to point to being ok if your in your 50's...i have nothing against people in their 50's,at least their not gettin plastered and throwing up all over the place...but we do want somewhere with a bit of life in it...have i madea mistake...??

Many Thanks

Shelley.

GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

No you haven`t made a mistake. July and August are prime months for families to holiday and Eden Garden is the place to be. Loads of things for the children to do so no need to worry. Jim

GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

Forgot to mention they have wifi kinnec etc etc so the boys will be ok. Jim

derbyshire england
Level Contributor
367 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

Thankyou Jim60scunny....i remember when i posted before we booked and you recommended Eden Gardens to us....you've put my mind at ease...we got a really great price for the apartments...£1300,like i said for 2 wks mid July...i thought it was fab and very much cheaper than anywhere else we looked at...normally go to Gumbet,but fancied a change and it was very expensive for Gumbet next year,thought the prices had gone up quite a bit in resort this year too.....looking forward to icmeler next year now,so is our son's friens who we bringin with us...he's never been on holiday never mind abroad,and we've never takeain..someone else child away with us,so should be an experience for us all.....thanks again...xx

Mentioned in this post
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

You will all love it Shelley, if the boys are into computers / music etc etc Berkay is the man to be speaking to.His english is perfect and he loves explaining things like that. Any other info needed just ask, no problem. Jim

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
662 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

Eden garden is great!! Dont worry about it it's a great family place. We were there mid June and loved it :) there were a couple of kids about so I'm sure that it won't be a problem. Also Tommys bar is only at the bottom of the road, 1 min walk. I'm sure ul be here most nights (were In here now) ;) chillin drinkin and watchin X factor!

GRIMSBY
Level Contributor
451 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

Tommy has had better singers than x factor,lol

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
662 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

Well prob have to say after watching tonight's il agree with u there Jim. Oh Tommy says hello by the way!! Mark and my mum had that special leg lamb it was a massive bowl and they loved it, will post pics when I get bk

derbyshire england
Level Contributor
367 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

Thanks peeps...xxx

North west
Level Contributor
518 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

I was at the Grand Aquarium in August......on doorstep of Eden Gardens. Looked nice and I would say my kind of place, small and friendly.

The GA was nice - just me and my 15 year old son. They have more in the way of entertainment on and have a waterslide that operates a couple of times a day, plus other pool games. Sure your kids would be welcome ....and is literally 30secs walk. Only thing with GA is that they dont accept cash...all guests have a fob so if you were going to buy any drinks etc you would need to speak to reception. Plenty of teenagers when we were there.

We never really went in Tommy as we are freindly with the lads at the Wembley bar and my son was quite happy on his own to wander down there (10 mins) to watch the footie. Icmelar is an ideal place if you want to give some teenagers a bit of freedom......very safe.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Aquarium
Grand Aquarium
836 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
derbyshire england
Level Contributor
367 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting worried now....:-(

Thankyou Sngmum,sounds like you had a great time in Icmeler,we also looked at Grand Aquarium but was swayed by the reports on Eden Garden on here,and we got a fabulous price for it.I'm glad you said it's a nice safe place as i was hoping the boys would be able to have a bit of freedom,as everytime we've been away our lad has had to stay with us everywhere we go...he'll love it next year with his friend being there.Could you please tell what the weather was like when you was there,also approx how much money to take for a fortnight selfcatering.Any nice restaurants you recommend.One more thing,did you get a private transfer to you your hotel or go with your tour operater..how was the journey,we normally go to Gumbet on the Bodrum peninsular and it's only about a 40 min transfer so i think we are going to be in for a bit of a shock.Thankyou again and any more info on the questions i have asked will be greatly appreciated.

Shelley.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Grand Aquarium
Grand Aquarium
836 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey