We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal opinions

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Personal opinions

It’s a fact of life things change, sometimes for the better and other times for the worse. For us change meant no holiday this year, this was defiantly a step in the wrong direction but things happen like that from time-to-time!

So to all you lucky people who have been this year what are your thoughts on all the changes the mayor is making to Icmeler. We don’t want to book for next year if the general atmosphere around the resort has drastically changed.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Personal opinions

We've been going since 1997 and seen many changes in that time but always felt the changes were an improvement. The closure of the stalls this year down by the canal did mean there were not so many people wandering about and the restaurants were having to work harder to get customers in. It didn't affect us too much as we tend to go to the square after a meal and wander round there. We went in May when it isn't too busy anyway and overall I'd say this was one of our best holidays yet in Icmeler.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 17:24
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Personal opinions

I agree with iain been going since 1998 changes have been made for the better over the years apart from the canal stalls . I do prefer staying in the village now. Must be getting old lol

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
212 reviews
3. Re: Personal opinions

We did think the area by the canal looked a bit scruffy without the stalls when we were there in June, but apart from that, we didn't really think Icmeler had changed for the worse at all. The resort was a bit quieter than usual though.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Personal opinions

We have just returned and apart from the canal stalls not being there the resort was just about the same albeit quieter than previous years.

We stayed in the village this time which was a much more relaxed holiday.

We didnt venture into the resort at night but did spend most of our days on the beach.

I still dont like the decking on the beach front cafes/restaurants and think the resort was at its best in October 2008.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Personal opinions

Thanks all time to have a think; maybe It's just me that needs a change and wanted to read bad reports, just to convince myself.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
423 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: Personal opinions

Have to agree the resort has changed. The canal area is scruffy and deserted withou the stalls - their loss is certainly a turn for the worse.

We enjoyed our holiday this year, but there seemed to be something missing even though we cannot put a finger on it. I agree the resort was at its best in 2008 and we intend to try somewhere different next year to see how we feel after a change of venue.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Personal opinions

You've hit the nail on the head, thats exactly the way I feel Lincs. I keep comparing it to Santorini but thats being unfair to Turkey. I want to compare it with another Turkish resort to be fair.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
8. Re: Personal opinions

I have stayed in the centre for many years. I decided to.stay in the village this year as I was getting bored of the centre. Must say its the best decision I have made. Completely different atmosphere in the village and must say I enjoyed my holidays a lot more

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Personal opinions

we are going october 17th and staying at the l'etoile hotel which is near to the beach,have not been to icemeler or turkey before so looking forward to it.we have heard lots of good reports on it so your coment as not knocked us of going.there are more good reports than bad.we don't mind it being quite because there are lots to see there.cathy

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Personal opinions

If you want to try somewhere different in Turkey with a similar feel to Icmeler you could try Dalyan. Smaller than Icmeler but it has a lot of good restaurants. In a nice setting on the river but handy for Turtle Beach. The mud baths are also nearby. We really enjoyed it and would like to return. It is also only 25 - 30 minutes from Dalaman which was a huge bonus.

Edited: 13 October 2011, 17:09
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations