We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from another great holiday.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
17 reviews
Back from another great holiday.

Arrived back last night after a lovely 11 nights in the Senem apartments.

This was the first time we have been in an apartment and the first time on a dynamic package booked at Hays Travel.

The flights were with Thomson and were comfortable and on time both ways.

I was anxious about the transfers as it only cost £28.47 for both of us.The company was Hays transfers/Connex.

On arriving at the airport their desk was at the foot of the ramp with the coach just behind.

40 minutes into the journey the driver pulled into a cafe named Kaptan,which isnt as nice as the main operators stop at.

After 15 minutes we were informed the gear box had something wrong and another coach was on its way!1 hour later we were on our way to be taken to a bus depot in Marmaris and transferred to a mini bus for the journey to Icmeler.

We arrived at the Senem 3hrs.45mins after leaving the airport!

We were given a ground floor room but moved to a second floor room next morning.It was so lovely sitting on the balcony having breakfast watching the 3 flag walkers who braved it in the heat.

The apartments are lovely and the staff friendly.

Their is a gorgeous cat that comes to your rooms and everyone who fed him wanted to bring him home.

We only had breakfast at the hotel twice which was lovely.

We walked to the beach every day apart from 2 and it only took 20 minutes at the most.

We used the hotel Le toile sunbeds some days and ate lunch in Pier 15 which is really nice.

I had a list of restaurants before we went but only visited 2,the Agra and Charlies which we were very disappointed with after reading the reviews on here.

The best restaurant was Cubana which also included a free breakfast.My husband said the T Bone was the best meal he had ever had in Turkey.Thats after eating in Kerem and Loveboat a few times since visiting Icmeler over the last 20 years.

We also had meals in Sidiks,Holiday, Sizzlers.(at the ICR meet up)

The Wembley bar was also very nice and the staff there are very friendly without being OTT like some other places.

They also offered the best exchange rate in resort and we got as much as 2.89tl last week.They were offering 2.83tl on Sunday when most other places were advertising 2.76tl.

We also had sandwiches made here for the airport which were lovely at 6tl each.

We met some lovely people in the apartments including Tina Turbo, her hubby and her sister Loraine.

There were 4 lovely ladies next door from Newport in Wales who were great company.

It was lovely being in the village and seeing village life which was a world away from the bright lights of the resort.

I didnt like the Cockerels waking us at dawn but we got used to it .

The canal area was depressing and everyone is saying the stalls will be back.

I didnt like the amount of tasers,knuckle dusters ,catapults and batons for sale at the market and in some shops.

We buses to Marmaris and walked by and I was very upset to hear the sounds from the Dolphin prison outside the Mares hotel.

We were dreading the journey back but the mini bus arrived on time and after picking up 3 times we left Icmeler at 12.40 and arrived at Dalaman at 13.10.This was with a comfort stop so the new road must make a big difference.

Arriving at the chaos at Dalaman I swore I would stick to night flights as 8 flights were leaving one after the other so the queue were enormous.Luckily it was all UK flights so no pushing and shoving.We were pleased to see the Thomson check in empty so stayed downstairs and had our sandwiches.

I forgot about having 5x100ml bottles of water in my hand luggage and nothing was said when my bag went through security.

I actually saw people putting bottles of water in their handlugge to go through the scanners and no one was told to remove it.

Maybe it was because it was bust?

The flight hit some bad turbulence over Turkey but it only lasted about 30minutes.

I dont know what it is about Icmeler that makes folks want to return again and again but I was straight on the PC last night to see what was available for next May!

scotland
Level Contributor
124 posts
1 review
1. Re: Back from another great holiday.

Sound likes you had a good time... I agree the Cubana is a good place to eat. The exchange rate seems to be holding up well and hope its like this next year. Hearing great things regarding the Senem do you know if the have family rooms for 5?.

and are you sure it only took 30mins to get to the airport? as that is quick.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Back from another great holiday.

The Senem dont have any family rooms and to have a family in one apartment would be a bit of a squeeze.

The Elkinci palace next to Cubana seem to have good reviews from families.

They also have slides at the pool.

It took 1hour 30 minutes to get to the airport which I thought was good.

He did put his foot down and even had a short comfort stop.

We left Icmeler at 11.40,not 12.40!

Edited: 11 October 2011, 20:48
Lincs.UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
45 reviews
3. Re: Back from another great holiday.

sounds lovely, really helpful. we go next week.

would you reccomend taking sterling to pay for trips etc??

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Back from another great holiday.

We took sterling and changed it at Wembley bar as their rate was the best in the resort.

We didnt do any trips this year but have paid in sterling in previous years.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
5. Re: Back from another great holiday.

Welcome back jean so glad you liked the senem its a lovely place. Felix the cat is lovely I don't think he is a stray though he looks well looked after.

The holiday is a great place to go very reasonable and the food is great

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
694 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Back from another great holiday.

I just returned last night too from a holiday at Senem and agree with what Knitter 44 has put in her post. It was lovely to meet Jean and hubby and we had some great chats comparing our experiences. I would agree with her comments about Cubana being a great restaurant and very reasonable prices too. They also sell Irn Bru, which is a must for us Scots and at the best price in a resort restaurant - 4 tl. We tried some new restaurants this time and unfortunately had a couple of very disappointing meals. The Waterfall was the worst meal we have ever had in Icmeler with Turkish Delight running a close second. I have already booked for next year - counting the days.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,945 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Back from another great holiday.

Glad to hear you had a lovely holiday x

Lincs.UK
Level Contributor
48 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Back from another great holiday.

thanks for your reply.

do you know anything about scuba diving in icmeler?

Edited: 12 October 2011, 14:30
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
18 reviews
9. Re: Back from another great holiday.

Glad you enjoyed the Senem and being in the village. Always feel the village has a more relaxed feel to it.

Edited: 12 October 2011, 17:08
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Back from another great holiday.

Jean loved your balcony iain

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations