We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Turkey next year

England
Level Contributor
126 posts
9 reviews
1st time to Turkey next year

Thinking of going to Aqua Hotel nxt August. Please could I have some advice. Thanks

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: 1st time to Turkey next year

Is there anything specific you want to know? The Aqua is a nice hotel, in a good location right on the beachfront, and Icmeler is a lovely resort. I am sure you would have a great holiday, but if there is anything specific you want to know, just ask and someone will be able to help, I'm sure.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: 1st time to Turkey next year

Just stayed 4 nights in Icmeler in August. Great little place and one of my favourites. Beach is great with lots of activities. It is a lot quieter then Marmaris (Only about 7 kms away).

You can get to Marmaris on a Dolmus (Little local bus for about $2.5 Turkish Lira), best way to travel as taxi in Marmaris are a bot expensive. Another great way to travel is a water taxi this is $10 Turkish Lira one and a great way to travel.

August will be hot with temperatures between 33 to 40 degrees every day with no rain. Quite humid.

Beaches are mostly pebble beaches unless you go to Fethiye. In saying this sun beds are provided. If you are on a hotel on the beach you should be able to get this for free if not it will cost $2 Turkish Lira, they will provide sun beds Plus and an umbrella. Also will bring drinks and food if you like.

Icmeler has lots of restaurants and bars. Food and drinks are quite cheap compared to Europe.

Beer will cost about $5 Turkish Lira

Cocktails between $6 to $10 Turkish Lira

English Breakfast for about 3 English Pounds

Variety of tours can be taken from Icmeler all at reasonable prices.

Day trips to Rhodes (Greek Island) are available for about 70 Euro. Boat trip takes about an hour.

Turkish people are generally very friendly and only to willing to help you. Most Turkish people can speak English.

Wakefield, United...
2 posts
1 review
3. Re: 1st time to Turkey next year

go to the Hotel Bonjour its the best hotel in Icmeler restaurant best food we have been going to Icmeler for 15 years and not found a hotel as good.

caz

4. Re: 1st time to Turkey next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 21:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations