We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad Reviews

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Bad Reviews

Going to icmeler for the first time monday morning and am really worried.Suddenly our apartments are getting really bad reviews.I can live with small,i can live with towels not being white but i can't live in an apartment smelling of sewage.If it turns out like this how easy would it be to find another apartment independently when we get there please? Would like to be around the old village if pos.Thanks

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Bad Reviews

steve - one of the ongoing problems on TA reviews are false ones made to either spoil or boost the trade of a local business, so when reading reviews check carefully a few things, for example are all the good reviews from last year and the bad ones more recent - this could mean a change of ownership who are not up to the previous standards, look at the people who are slagging it, if they have been long term members with many posts or reviews, I would tend to believe them, but look at their other contributions to get an idea if they are maybe too picky or someone who slags off everything they have reviewed.

I also tend to ignore first time posters, maybe a bit hard but I can never understand someone joining a forum just to complain or praise, never having asked any questions previously, a big percentage of these have been proven to be false, either made by/for the owners or on negative ones by local competition.

Its worth delving a bit deeper into each review and its author - takes time but well worth the effort.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Bad Reviews

Where are you staying. The senem is lovely

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Bad Reviews

we are booked into the castle apartments

Scotland
Level Contributor
322 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Bad Reviews

Its got more good reviews than bad Steve so I wouldn't worry.

We were going to book it for this month until the collapse of Aegean made flights unaffordable for us. I mean, 2 balconies minimum, some aparts have 4!!!!!!!!

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
5. Re: Bad Reviews

FethiyeFraser is right - it's a case of reading between the lines with a lot of reviews. I wouldn't worry too much, to be honest. In fact, in some cases, if a review is from a certain poster and they're slating a place, then I'm fairly sure I'm going to like it! I am sure you will have a great holiday!

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews
6. Re: Bad Reviews

I would not worry. We are at the senem now there are more good than bad reviews. We love it here and have no complaints

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,126 posts
104 reviews
7. Re: Bad Reviews

Dont worry steve,you shouldnt have any problem getting into other apartments if it is so bad,lots of places close by.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Bad Reviews

thankyou for your replies will enjoy our holiday whatever happens. steve

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
9. Re: Bad Reviews

Steve

Stayed at the Castle several times and the apartments are fine. Basic maybe but they are clean and have all the facilities you need. generally rooms have 3 balconies and have great views over Icmeler

The family that run the Castle have done so for many years and are fantastic people. No pressure to eat atthe apartments but I recommend you do the food is very good and well priced

As you will see from TA the reviews are generally goos and its the same on other sites

If it is not for you there should be plenty of other apartments available.

Let us know how you got on when you come back

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Bad Reviews

thanks will do smc4761

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations