We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

Clacton-on-Sea...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

Great reviews for this place - does anyone know roughly where it is in Icmeler - I know Icmeler quite well, but haven't been for about 5 years.

Thanks.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

If you know the main drag where the Tansas supermarket, Titanic, Pleasure, Three Bells etc are, then it's relatively easy to find. You go up the roadat the side of the Azra hewellers, past the Romance Palace and it's just a bit further up from there on the same side of the road, before you get to the Babadan apartments. Hope that makes sense.

Clacton-on-Sea...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

Thanks - I know where that it.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

As you walk up the road its just past the Babadan.Enjoy your meal,we certainly did

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

Can someone recommend which meal to have here as I have read on another forum that their meal was not good.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to that, to be honest. Read the reviews on here and they are almost consistently excellent. The meze platter alone is superb and almost a meal in itself. I had the Sastim kebab, which was steak and chicken rolled up with a filling inside and served with a sauce. It was delicious. Can't remember what my husband had, but he said his too was faultless.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,205 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

The review was on ICR posted by a regular to Icmeler ,ortherwise I wouldnt have really took much notice if it had been a 1 time poster.

We went last October but there was no one in so we decided to go somewhere else.

We will give it a try this year if we can fit it in as I have a list that is getting longer each day.LOL

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

I know who posted the review, which is exactly why I made that particular comment. When it comes to reviews, I read between the lines - if I know the poster in question, sometimes if they're slating a particular place, then chances I'm going to like it!

Seriously though, give the Hanedan a try - I don't think you will be disappointed if you're looking for somewhere which does traditional Turkish food - no Michael Jacksons, Tina Turners or dancing waiters, and no rice or chips with everything either.

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

Just returned on Sunday from Icmeler and ate here 3 times and tried 3 different meals (all excellent) - in fact between the 3 of us I bet we had about 6 different meals in total. I have got photo's of meals and more importantly for the poster the menu board outside the Hanedan which (once I've downloaded my photos) I'll upload to my review on the Hanedan. The owners and waiters are very helpful and will cook meals to your liking (i.e 1 person in our party doesn't like mushrooms so they excluded them from their meal). The owner will advise on which meal would suit your tastes if in doubt - the menu is vast by the way with lots to choose from. Complimentary Turkish tea, apple tea or Turkish coffee is a must after your meal.

9. Re: Where about in Icmeler is Hanedan Ocakbasi restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 17:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler