We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relaxing days out with no kids

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
relaxing days out with no kids

Am going to Icmeler in a couple of weeks' time with my grown up daughter. We both have very busy jobs and are looking forward to relaxing in the sun but would like to do a couple of trips- nothing too strenuous, maybe some boat trips and a visit to Pamukkale. Does anyone know of any tour operators which cater for adults of all ages rather than families or young partygoers? I have nothing at all against children, but now that my own have grown up, I don't want to be surrounded by other people's kids while I'm on holiday. We will be staying at the Grand Aquarium from 10 September.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
662 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: relaxing days out with no kids

I think when you go to Turkey there wont be many kids about as the school hols will have finished by then, so dont think you will see many kids.

The boat trip is nice, you spend the day sunbathing on the boat with 3 snorkelling/swimming stops then a stop in a local village....nice day out with a BBQ on the boat and it was very very cheap!!

If your staying at Grand Aquarium its nice up there, we stayed at Eden Gardens next door (the yellow apartments) so the local bar up there (tommys bar) is a nice place to relax with a good atmosphere with nice food too!! Full English brekkie was 5 lira so approx £1.80 - my other half loved walkin down there practically every morning for his start to the day, and of course most evenings we sat in there or called in for a night cap haha!!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: relaxing days out with no kids

Boat trip sounds good. Where did you go and who did you book it with?

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,146 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: relaxing days out with no kids

There are lots of places where you can book the boat trips - there are little stalls scattered all round the resort, for example. I would just advise checking if they limit the numbers on board, as some cram so many folk on that there aren't enough sunbeds for everyone. I can recommend Icmeler Online - you can book online before you go or pop into their office in the resort.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: relaxing days out with no kids

you could also take an early water-taxi round to Turunc then another one from the harbour to Kumlubuk,quiet beach.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: relaxing days out with no kids

Thanks everyone. Plenty to think about.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
662 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: relaxing days out with no kids

Hi we have a friend who lives there and she arranged it for us, but as previously stated there are lots of stalls all over the place to book the trips with.

We just saled around the bays and then stopped at a desserted bay for a swimming stop and bbq and then went to local village called Turunc.....

Very nice day out with the whole to deck of the boat covered in sun loungers.

The boat was probably only half full so plenty of spaces to lie down and relax!!!!!!

7. Re: relaxing days out with no kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 09:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler