We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

Hey,

Been looking at going on holiday with my boyfriend for a week in Icmeler at the end of September. We are looking at the hotel marti deluxe. We are both in our mid twenties and we are looking for a nice beach holiday with plenty of things to do e.g snorkeling boat trips etc.

It will be our 1st time in Turkey and i have read mixed reports about icmeler and marmaris e.g getting hassle from locals.

Please can anybody advise on what Icmeler is like and hotel marti deluxe?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

Reviews for Marti deluxe are bellow.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298033-d300028…

Icmeler is not as bad as any of the other Tourist resort's in Turkey for hassle, A polite No usually stops any hassle given out by Restauraunt's or shops.

Edited: 23 August 2011, 18:16
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
662 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

Hi there, im 26 n other half is 24 and we went to Icmeler in June.

We had a fab time (so much so that we have booked again for Oct)

We did go to Marmaris 5 year ago and il be honest we didnt like it there it was far too much hassle with all the shop keepers trying to get us into the shops.

We found it a lot different in Icmeler even tho it is the next resort, maybe because things have been clamped down over there but there are regular police patrolling around ensuring the shop keepers/ bar workers are not hassling you, altho you do get some hassle but you just keep walking and dont stop - it wasnt such a problem.

Theres plenty to do in icmeler, we went on a boat trip which included 3 snorkelling/swimming stops and then stopped at the next village along to Icmeler for a spot of shopping aswel as a BBQ on the boat. The whole day cost us approx £10 each.

Also something which we are going to do when we return in October is the jeep safari which was recommended by someone who had done it and think that was only £15 each.

Theres plenty to do over there and bcos of the exchange rate everything is so so cheap.

The rate is almost 3 lira to the pound which works out that a pint of Effes/Carlsberg is approx £1.30-£1.50. Cooked brekkie was approx £2 and a meal for 2 with a couple of drinks will set you back £20-£25!!

Cant go wrong if u ask me!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on October for our return!!

Cant wait to get back there!!!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3. Re: Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

Thanks for the info!

Which hotel did you stay when you were there in June?

ive been looking into the water wark in Kusadasi - Adaland but i dont know if its accessible from Icmeler - is there day drips going there. Ive read some reviews of the waterparks in Marmaris and some say avoid them.

We would also like to visit the lagoon at Olu Deniz but same as above is it accessable from Icmeler.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
662 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

We stayed at Eden Gardens which was really nice, cant fault it and a lovely family that run it, but when we return the season will be coming to an end so because of the location of Eden Garden we will be staying at a more central hotel. (Eden Garden is to the back of the resort)

We had a look at some and think we may book Babadan Apartments thru Thompson as its pretty cheap too!!

I dont think Kusadasi is close to Icmeler, i could be wrong, but i dont think its within easy reach anyway.

Im afraid im not sure about the waterparks in the area but i know the jeep safari is a water based day out from what i believe you have water guns and are taken to waterfalls etc to drive thru....think you can poss look on You Tube for videos.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

I think there are 2 waterparks in Marmaris - 5 minutes on the dolmus.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
6. Re: Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

Kusadassi is a very long drive from Icmeler not something thta you could do and combine with a visit to the waterpark there

marmaris waterparks are fine and literally a 10 minute dolmus ride away

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
7. Re: Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

kat86404

More info on waterparks in Marmaris:

http://www.marmariswaterpark.com/

www.marmaris.org/aqua-dream-water-park/

8. Re: Holidays in Icmeler, Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 04:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations