We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

Shrewsbury, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

Hi, anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like? Tripadvisor reviews says its 13th out of 85 hotels but wanted some opinions..my boyfriend and I are looking for a budget hotel in Icmeler either first 2 weeks of july or in september..and the search im on keeps showing this hotel or Selen 2 hotel as the cheapest..is it worth going for cheapest or not?

We just want a break from the UK, have never been to turkey before, but want somewhere that is quiet, near a beach and shops and we can easily get to busier places if needed.

Mentioned in this post
Oylum Garden Hotel
Oylum Garden Hotel
173 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Budget hotels in Icmeler
Yade Hotel
Yade Hotel
#7 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Dilhan Hotel
Dilhan Hotel
#38 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Oylum Garden Hotel
Oylum Garden Hotel
#34 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

Can't really help with the Oylum Garden, but the Selen 2 gets fairly decent reviews, and I certainly know of posters on some forums who go back there time and time again. The Selen 2 is in a good location - a relatively quiet street, but only a couple of minutes' walk from loads of shops, bars and restaurants, and also only a few minutes from the beach, canal and so on. Icmeler itself is only a short distance from Marmaris if you fancy a trip there for something a bit livelier, either by taxi, dolmus or water taxi - or in the other direction, and something smaller and quieter, there's Turunc, again only a short trip away by taxi, dolmus or water taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

I think this hotel is closer to the beach but not that central to everything. A good website to try is Icmeler online you can search for hotels and apartments and read reviews and see on a map where they are.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,032 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

Icmeler is a fairly compact resort and both hotels are in good locations. Oylum is nearer the beach but near some quite loud bars the Selen is in a queit street but still only a 2 minute stroll to a main drag.

The beach in Icmeler is not that great mainly shingle.

Have you thought about going self catering as you get the added bonus of having a fridge in your room. there are fabulous well priced restaurants in Icmeler and half board or B and B is usually not that great.

Try www.hotels4u.com or www.travelrepublic.com who can do packages for you, flights board and transferes. Accomadation can be as little as £70 in total for 2 weeks

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
west midlands
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

oylum garden hotel is a small hotel owned by a turkey couple, Rose and her husband. Stayed there last year and loved it. Very central but not noisy and ideal for the beach 3-4 mins walk and the dolmus (local buses) virtually pass the door. I still have their business card if you wanted to book with them direct.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
242 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

Could you send me the details for them please as I am looking at booking this hotel but cannot find it available online, if anyone else knows of any companies selling this accomodation, please let me know.

Thanks

west midlands
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

Hi again. email is oylumgardenhotel@yahoo.com.tr

tel 0252 455 32 25 mobile 0 543 580 04 07 fax 0 252 455 34 87

when we booked last year, we went with Low cost holidays.com

Let me know how you get on. Ask for Rose (the owner) she's lovely and helpful and speaks good english

Or try typing oylum garden hotel, icmeler into google. think Alpharooms.com, icmeleronline and onthe beach may deal with the hotel.

Regards

Lyn

Edited: 26 May 2011, 02:22
marmaris
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

oylum garden is a nice all inc. hotel but there is a lot of from different counries russia.holland,belgium.

8. Re: Anyone know what the Oylum Garden Hotel is like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations