We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

Shrewsbury, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

Hi, I am looking for a 2 week holiday for myself and my boyfriend..we will both be 22, but are looking for a relaxed holiday that is not too far away from the beach for day trips, and within walking distance of shops, and can get a bus to a town or something.

Selen 2 Hotel came up on a search and have got a good price for beginning of July..does anyone know if this is a good hotel? As soon as I find a hotel I think is good, reviews put me off! I just can't overlook the bad ones as much as the good ones seem amazing for anywhere! We have not been to Turkey before, but my boyfriends mum advised Hisaronu and Olu Deniz as being good places to go - found this and just wondered what the area and hotel was like?

Any help would be appreciated thanks! x

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
#2 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Petunya Konak Boutique Hotel
Petunya Konak Boutique Hotel
#11 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Fortuna Beach Hotel
Fortuna Beach Hotel
#20 of 78 hotels in Icmeler
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,079 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

I love Icmeler as a resort. I've never stayed at the Selen 2, but it is in a good location - just a few minutes walk away from the beach, shops, loads of bars and restaurants, etc, but in a reasonably quiet street. Icmeler itself has something for everyone - the old village area towards the back of the resort is quieter, and there are so many great places to eat out. In addition, you're only a short distance away from Marmaris, either by taxi, water taxi or dolmus, and then from Marmaris, you can easily get to lots of other places. Turunc, a smaller quieter resort, is again only a short trip away by dolmus or water taxi.

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris District, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

We walked past the Selen 2 most days last year,its on a nice quiet street with a couple of restaurants,couple of minutes walk to the main road for dolmuses and the Tansas supermarket,and a couple of minutes the other way to the canal and beach,we changed our money at the minimarket next to it as they were giving the best rate compared to others,great location.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

Hiya

I stayed in the Selen II hotel last year and loved it, booked to stay in the apartments in July and the hotel again in September.

Rooms are basic and clean, there is a fridge and they are a good size room. The only downside on the hotel is that the sun isn't on the pool all day, it goes about mid afternoon. If you prefer the beach it's only a 5 minute walk away, plenty of shops near by and pretty much central to anything.

Hope this helps :-)

Shrewsbury, United...
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

Is it completely shaded by mid afternoon? or is there a little bit of sun? I am a bit of a sunbathing freak :P but my boyfriend gets bored of it easily, so as long as theres stuff we can both do then I think we'll be fine :) x

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

For a first visit to Turkey I think Icmeler is a good choice. Haven't stayed at the Hotel so can't comment but Icmeler has more than enough to keep you occupied. There are plenty of bars and restaurants of all types so it can be as lively or as quiet as you like. Marmaris is only a short journey away on the dolmus although personally I don't think it offers much more than you can get in Icmeler although it is worth a visit. Check out 'Top Questions' on the right for what's available in resort.

Hisaronu is in the hills so doesn't have a beach. It is a smaller resort than Icmeler and as I get bored sunbathing I found it a bit limited. Olu Deniz is only 10 minutes away on the dolmus and the beach there is quite spectacular. The resort itself is more laid back than Hisaronu with some good bars and restaurants. There are plenty of trips available in both resorts.

Wherever you choose I am sure you will have a great holiday.

Edited: 02 May 2011, 19:47
Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Icmeler
Icmeler
Marmaris
Marmaris
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
590 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

Hiya

The sun goes completely from the pool but there are still some sunbathing areas for you sunbathe. I'd go for the sunloungers nearest to the bar.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

Daughter stayed there with her boyfriend last year,they are going again for 2 weeks beginning of july. They are the same age as you too. Have stayed in many turkish resorts,Icmeler is the BEST. Olu Deniz and Hisaranu are nice for 1 week .Been to Icmeler 6 times now. My daughter loves it!!

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
wales
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

Icmeler is a good place to go I think....I went last year and am going again this year :-) I don't know much about the Selen 2 as it's away from the Hotel Navy where I'm staying this year and stayed there last year as well.Hopefully someone on here will advise you :-) hope you book and enjoy Icmeler :-)

Yvonne

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
9. Re: Icmeler, Selen 2 Hotel Turkey!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 04:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler