We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheelchair Access in Icmeler

Manchester, United...
4 posts
Wheelchair Access in Icmeler

Hello Forum,

I am a full time wheelchair user and going to Icmeler this May for the first time and I was wondering if some one can help me with a few questions I have;

1. What is the wheelchair access like on the boat taxi and the Dolmus?

2. Any trips (boat trips or others? that I can do without having any access problems?

3. I’m staying at the Aqua Duluxe Hotel which I know has good wheelchair access but was wondering what’s overall access like in Icmeler i.e. pavements, roads, steep hills, cobbled streets etc?

4. What is the wheelchair access like at the Dalaman Airport and the coach transfer to the hotel?

5. Are there any public disable toilet facilities?

Apologies as all my questions are related to wheelchair access. Looking forward to any helpful responses.

Many Thanks

doncaster
Level Contributor
89 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Wheelchair Access in Icmeler

Hi

We are going in May as well, this will be our 6th year in Icmeler.

we bring our youngest son with us, who is now 21, he is totally non ambulant, but between my husband and myself we manage him.

the wheelchair access at dalaman is great, someone will meet you and get you off the plane and take you through seperate visa control.

Pavements etc are somewhat haphazard but we manage, some are easy some more difficult, but the locals will go out of there way to help.

we have done boat trips but have had to carry our son on have never been on the dolmas as these are not easy to get on,as stated it depends if you can walk a few steps if not , it is more difficult but the locals are the nicest people we have ever come across, hence why we keep on going back.

as long as you realise it is not the same as over here .

i have never come across a disabled public toilet i might have not noticed one.

dont know about your hotel as we always stay in the old village in a apartment which is superb, its called baba sahin.

anything else i can help with let me know the restaurants bars etc will go out of their way to help you in whatever way possible so you dont need to worry regarding that lovely place and people

doncaster
Level Contributor
89 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: Wheelchair Access in Icmeler

forgot to say its a flat town so no real hills etc, and the walk to the beach is nice and pavements are wide

regards

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,104 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Wheelchair Access in Icmeler

As has been said the locals you find will go out of there way to assist people either those in wheelchairs or elderly people. Pavements can have high kerbs but there is usually a flat part where you can push the wheelchair. I have seen many people in wheelchairs in Icmeler so I guess that it must be fairly wheelchair friendly.

Dont remember seeing any diabled toilets as such i the town

Icmeler generally is fairly flat and your hotel is in an excellent location right on the front prom which is very flat

Many of the restaurants also have small ramps to allow easier access.

I doubt that you will have any issues, purely because of the locals who are really go out of their way to assist.

Depending on when you go, eg if it is July August it does get very hot and it may be hard going pushing a wheelchair. just means you will have to have lots of stops for a drink or coffee etc

Manchester, United...
4 posts
4. Re: Wheelchair Access in Icmeler

Many thanks for to those who responded to my questions. Of course, I never expected things to be same as here but as long as I know what to expect when I get there, I’m pretty good at ‘making do’ with what I’ve got. I’m flying out this Friday and I feel so at ease and I am really looking forward to my holiday now so thank you once again! I will, of course, let you know how I get on.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
214 reviews
5. Re: Wheelchair Access in Icmeler

Hope you have a great holiday - as others have said, I'm sure everyone will go out of their way to accommodate you. Look forward to hearing how you get on once you return!

6. Re: Wheelchair Access in Icmeler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 11:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations