We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat

manchester
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places to eat

Hey,

I'm off to Icmeler in June/July and was wondering what places are really good to eat at. Also I was wondering if you could tell me what the cocktails are like in some of the bars and restaurants

Thank You

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat

There are so many good palces to eat you will be spolt for choice. There must be well over 100 restaurants ranging from the fairly inexpensive, eg Alin's where a main course is typically 10 lira to some where like the Loveboat which is around 30 lira for a main course. Many palces do a set meal starter main course and say ice cream for around 20 lira for a chicken main dish, perhaps 25 lira for a steak main dish. Steaks in Icmeler are a bit more expensive than chicken dishes as the price of meat is fairly high.

We all have our favourites. I would definetley recommend the 3 Bells opposite Captain Bullshits, whcih is a lso very good, for the Korean food.

Other popular places are, Wayside, The Lighthouse, The Waterfall, Venice, The Lemon Tree, Florida.

Cocktails can be had in the many bars and many places do a BOGOF.

To be honest in the main town, Icmeler is not that big and it is probably best walking around to see what takes your fancy.

I stay in the old village area and the prices are generally slightly cheaper than on the main street and the recommendations there are Ozzys, Cubana, Captain Sinbad, Cafe Rose, Lovestar

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,095 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat

Never had a bad meal in Icmeler,a couple I would recommend are The Lightnouse,Wayside,Vinces and Venice.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,778 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat

As has been said you will be spoilt for choice as there are so many good restaurants and they all have to compete for your custom. I would suggest you just have a look at the menus and just go to wherever takes your fancy. I don't think you will be disappointed.

For what it's worth my personal favourites are The Lighthouse in the square and Venice down by the canal. The Lighthouse for good food in nice surroundings with no loud music. The Venice again for good food but you can have a more lively night as from about 10.30 the waiters put on a floorshow.

Edited: 27 April 2011, 00:27
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat

I can only repeat what's been said, you are spoilt for choice. There are so many restaurants to chose from. I would suggest have a walk around and the busy restaurants are the ones to try and if there is no one eating walk on. I must say after seven years of holidays in Icmeler we have only been disappointed once and should have known as we were the only ones there. My recommendations are the Love Boat, Chef, Waterfall, Lighthouse and the Venice. The problem is things can change year by year.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat

I can only echo what others have said - you will literally be spoiled for choice. We've never had a bad meal anywhere in Icmeler - there are so many great places to eat. Harry's Steakhouse is another good choice, and the Wayside is also excellent. We also love the Holiday Restaurant - great value for money, and fantastic pancakes.

The Kerem on the canal does great authentic Turkish food in a lovely atmosphere, and the Lal was absolutely fantastic last year, although I understand it's under new management this year, so that may well have chaged. The Bonjour is also very good.

Edited: 27 April 2011, 13:23
lincolnshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat

The Lighthouse without a doubt. IMO the best in Icemeler, but wherever you go you will not be disappointed.

manchester
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to eat

Another quick question, I've heard about the Old Village a lot and was wondering if someone could point out where abouts it is as I have a feeling I'm staying there

Thanks if anyone can help

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,159 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat

Where are you staying, summersun2011? If you know the road where the Tansas, 3Bells, Titanic etc are, if you walk up any of the roads leading off that up towards the back of the resort, you'll find yourself in the old village. The really older part though is off towards the left-hand side, looking away from the beach.

scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat

Summersun2011,Tokmak is in the old village,lots of lovely restaurants around and prices slightly cheaper than in town.

manchester
Level Contributor
67 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to eat

Thanks Dalin1 and everyone, that helps a lot and I am now looking forward to my holiday even more now

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations