We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

letoile hotel

Enfield, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
68 reviews
letoile hotel

anyone recently been here how far is town and whats the area like..never been to turkey so all new to me

im 47 and married and we are taking our son of 15

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
212 reviews
1. Re: letoile hotel

The L'Etoile is very central - just a short distance from the beach and within easy reach of lots of bars and restaurants. Icmeler itself is lovely - it's set in a horseshoe-shaped bay surrounded by hills and there are loads of great places to eat and drink, and plenty of trips and excursions. In addition, Marmaris is just a short distance away and easily reached by dolmus or taxi, or you can get a water taxi there and back. You can also walk there from Icmeler along the coast, which is a really nice walk but a fair distance in the heat. We've been holidaying there for several years now and our two children (who were in their early teens when we started going) both love it too.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: letoile hotel

As blondie says, L'etoile is very central indeed. You will not have trouble finding your way from there. Icmeler is a charming place and a great resort to start with if its your first time in Turkey. You may find though, like us, you get hooked!!

Town is close and of course most nightlife including your bars and places to eat are around this area. Take a wander further out and find the old village if you have time. You will find a very quaint part of town that I am sure you 'adults' will love. There are some more restaurants down this way and quiter bars for you to enjoy.

Happy holidays!!!! - when are you off?

Enfield, United...
Level Contributor
412 posts
68 reviews
3. Re: letoile hotel

havent yet booked but was last week in august i know it will be hot but thats ok we are used to the heat always go then..is it safe there?i know it sounds silly but have heard all sorts of mixed reviews from friends and my customers some ppl love turkey others hate it..dont know what to think

norwich
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: letoile hotel

We were at this hotel last year.August was very,very hot and the aircon in this hotel was not very efficient.It may be worth e-mailing the hotel to find out what hours is it on,10pm-7am and 3pm-7pm whilst we were there.

The hotel,apart from the lack of aircon was very nice,always something to eat,the room was clean as was the rest of the hotel.Evening entertainment was not very good but that seems to be the norm with all hotels in Turkey.

Icmeler was great,lots of trips at very reasonable prices,we are going back this year,but to Marmaris Park because they advertise their twin rooms as having individually controlled aircon units.Not sure about the bigger rooms though.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
123 reviews
5. Re: letoile hotel

Kelsey, in regard to your question about whether it is safe. You will have no problems at all. I went there by myself (36 yr old woman) last year and felt safer than I do here at home.

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
518 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: letoile hotel

I have stayed at this hotel, and am going back 1st. week of September.The hotel is lovely, and as everybody has said, is very central.The beach is a few feet away.We have been several times, and so far, have not had a problem with the air con.Hope you have a great holiday, enjoy.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: letoile hotel

Hi nimic,whilst I agree that the aircon may be sufficient in September the lack of it in our room,facing east made staying in the room without the aircon absolutely unbearable the first two weeks in August.There was no real respite from the heat in the rest of the hotel as there was no aircon in public areas.The dining room was stifling,we sat outside for all our meals as it was slightly cooler there.

Thomas Cook will not admit that there is a problem even though the rep promised us compensation.The reviews for this hotel in August last year nearly all refer to the aircon.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
123 reviews
8. Re: letoile hotel

Sounds like a real pity that the aircon is a problem here. The hotel is so central for anyone wanting that near to town and beach. Large pool area too and I would imagine the food to be good, it looks like a quality place when you walk past.

I remember when they used to have a nightclub underneath and it was really plush. Marble throughout and leather chairs. Bit more upmarket than your usual nightclubs in Icmeler. They don't have it anymore though.

9. Re: letoile hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 20:46
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations