We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mopeds

milton keynes
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
mopeds

coming out to icmeler in sept and wanna hire a moped does anyone know where and how much in icmeler, iv looked at best site on the rd to marmaris, but just wondered if there was ay in icmeler thanks x

Chester
Level Contributor
235 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mopeds

I don't know the costs but if you don't have a license in the UK to drive a moped don't hire one at the resort as you may void your holiday insurance.

Dave

Edited: 10 April 2011, 23:26
Gocek, Turkey
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mopeds

And if you don't have a licence that specifies that you can ride a moped, you will be fined if you get stopped by the police.

This happened to someone posting on the Spanish-language version of TA; Spanish licences don't specify that anyone with a full car licence can ride a moped, which they can in Spain, so when the poster showed a licence that didn't say he could ride a moped, he was fined.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
milton keynes
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mopeds

iv got a full licence does that mean i can ride a moped

Chester
Level Contributor
235 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mopeds

If by full license you mean a full car license then unlike the UK you cannot ride a moped in Turkey following recent law changes, if you have A1 on your license you can drive a bike upto 125cc, if you have A on your license you can drive all bikes.

More info at turkishliving.com/forums/turgutreis-forum/45…

also note that if you drive a car or ride a bike with a passenger the alcohol limit is ZERO so I would not even drink the night before.

Dave

Edited: 11 April 2011, 01:40
Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Chester
Level Contributor
235 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mopeds

A bit more info.

In the absence of an A or A1 code

if you passed your test before 01.02.2001 you will have a P on the back of your license this entitles you to ride a moped, after this date you will have a letter P followed by code 122, you need to have passed a CBT exam before being allowed to ride a moped,

milton keynes
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mopeds

i have a p woop woop thanks for that info really helped do u happen to know of anywhere in icmeler i can hire a moped and about how much they cost thanks

Wales UK
Level Contributor
248 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mopeds

I know its personal choice and I respect that HOWEVER, I hired a bike recently in India and have full uk car and motorcycle licences but on returning the bike I thought it would be a bit of fun to read my holiday insurance relating to hiring motor vehicles and in the small print to my horror were the following words or words to that effect,

'Following an accident involving just themselves or another if the user was found to be in contravention of any local traffic law the insurance would be invalid in all respects'

In addition,

'If the insured was not wearing a full faced crash helmet that conformed to British safety standards'

You guessed it!!

I am an experienced driver and biker of over twenty years and have hired bikes abroad BUT reading that small print gave me a jolt. Are you aware of Turkish traffic law?. Think of the worst, you come off, take the skin off an arm and leg and trash the bike, you can bet your bottom dollar you have been "found" to have contravened a law or not wearing a helmet and it's bye bye claims for medical expenses, repatriation costs of repair etc.

I'm not trying to put you off and be a hypocrite but times have changed since the 80's when I first had a bike abroad in Greece and these insurance giants have put every obstacle possible to stop bike hire abroad cos of the cost if it goes wrong.

Hey you could take a chance I have done it, but not any more I am afraid. Whatever have a great time and good luck :)

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mopeds

(Off to check my insurance).

milton keynes
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mopeds

thanks for the info and yes has put me off but forwarned.......think its gonna be the dolmus for me.......oh well icmeler can breathe safe again lol thanks

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mopeds

Thanks for the heads up on reading the insurance conditions. I've just been horrified that I haven't been insured for 1. riding a motorbike over 125cc; 2. hiking at over 2000 metres altitude; 3. scuba diving without being a member of a diving organisation.

It's a good thing I'm not into quad biking and hot air ballooning!

Edited: 13 April 2011, 18:58
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations