We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Rainbow - any comments?

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
822 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Rainbow - any comments?

We have sadly had to move our Aug hol from Chateua to Blue Rainbow due to overbooking - any comments from anyone here as it seems to have real mixed reviews. I understand that the AI is a set menu, anyone know anymore about this and the drinks provided?

glasgow
Level Contributor
482 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

Ive never stayed but looked at the reviews, most moan about the food chicken chicken and more chicken, its mostley the same with many AI ,as Ive heard guests complaining while on the beach ect.

If you have blown your budget it would do any harm to eat out in a few places, and keep the AI for breakfast snacks and a night cap

Im staying at the Chateau de villie, as i like small hotels but in saying that, I also like the look off the blue rainbow

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
822 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

we were originally going b&b anyway so have budgeted for food all week but due to the change have been upgraded to AI....we're used to the feather growth during the week anyway LOL

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

they also do a large variety of blancmanges in different flavours each night, when i was there you had to havea stomach made of steel to eat the food, still bad now

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

On the positive side they have a very big pool in the sun all day.

I would stay in the Blue Rainbow.

Gene

Edited: 28 March 2011, 20:38
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

I agree with the pool it was very nice, just a shame about the food, we had a view of the alinda, could not sit on the balcony at all when we were the as the bar was playing music all day very loudly, the only time i got a bit of peace was after 12

wirral
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

I stayed there last October and thought it was great, the food was lovely, never had a problem with it. We had a sea view, but I never go on the balcony to sit anyhow.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

hey an upgrade.....dont matter what the foods like.....u can eat out....just use it for the free bar....enjoy

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
822 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

I know I should look at it like that but we were so looking forward to staying at the chateau due to the lovely location

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

mad kitty i understand how you feel looking forward to chateau de ville it is a spectacular hotel but i am afraid there is no comparison between the 2 where there any others you were offered, i would not call the change an upgrade

Edited: 29 March 2011, 21:36
Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
822 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Rainbow - any comments?

nope that was it - luckily we know Icmeler well so we know we wont be spending much time in the hotel and we are boozers so it is a bonus in a way ;-)

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations