We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

I am going to Icmeler,Turkey in September 2011 and was wondering if anyone can let me know if they do a ferry to Rhodes, as it one place i would like to visit and it would be nice to spend the day there to check it out.

thank you.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
41,929 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

Hi Sandie,

There will be excursions for a day from nearby Marmaris to Rhodes. Here is the info: "www.feribot.net/feribot/…". The tickets are only 45 Euros roundtrip.

enigma...

fleetwood
Level Contributor
151 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

Hi Sandie,

We did this trip a few years ago and personally would'nt do it again. The reason I say this is because when we got back to Marmaris we were 1 + 1/2 hrs waiting to get through passport control ! It was chaos .

Rhodes itself is very nice though and things may have improved at passport control. You might be better asking around when you get there, see if anyone has done it recently.

Caroline

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
3. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

Sandie

From my experience last year but link to sailings in there give you the ones for this year.

Did not have colandcaz' experience with delays on return but cannot guarantee you would not have them.

Enjoyed it all very much just as a quick taster. My only problem is that if I were to fly that far I might as well stick with Icmeler!

John

John

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
4. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

Whoops sorry link did not appear

tripadvisor.com/…26597948

yorkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

will there be any trips the begining of september to turkey from rhodes

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

For YorkshireKay,

From Marmaris there are trips daily till the end of October, of course always

subject to good weather. But İ have only heard once a ferry returned end of October as the sea was too choppy, in the winter there are only a few ferries per week.

Good luck!

Scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

hi we did this trip 4weeks ago and what a dissapointment it was passport control was chaos then on the ferry couldnt get seats because people were putting bottles of water bags ect on them so people couldt sit down so after asking politly they refused i put there stuff on the floor myself when we arrived we were herded towards a little market place with goods totaly overpriced trip was so early we missed braekfast at hotel had a breakfast

at this market which consited of 2 slices of streakk bacon 2 eggs foating in a puddle of olive oil and a small glass of concentrated orange juice and coffee for 4 of us this cost 50 english poundscoffee alone was 3 75 per cup

couple at next table got 2 small plates of sandwiches and 2 beers it cost

them 40 english pounds a total rip off we were told to be back at ferry by 4 30 most people were back waiting at 1 30 we couldt wait to get back to turkey we went to check out rhodes for our next holiday im so glad i did

it was better i wasted 144 pounds english for trip than thousands for a rubbish holiday mags

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

Thank you for the information i will check it out, cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
282 reviews
9. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

Hiya Sadie, I did this trip with my husband, mother and father in law last september, we all enjoyed the trip, passport control wasnt to bad for us. When you get to Rhodes you have to change money into euros and it is expensive compared to Turkey but isnt all euro land at the moment. It is a beautiful Island and the old town of Rhodes where you go to is set behind a castle wall, the centre has got a water fountain and you have little cobbled streets going of from it, so you can walk up one and down another, there is loads of leather, jewellery, gift shops, restaurants etc on them, we enjoyed it that much considering doing it again this september with some friends. we always book our excersions with icmeleronline who are based in the square inthe centre on icmeler next to tandori sizzler, hope this helps for you.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
10. Re: Turkey ferry trip to Rhodes?

Brilliant thank you for the information Anita, i will certainly take a look, oh yes Euro-land very expensive!! Have never been to Rhodes and i thought this would be a great way to see it albeit short, but just to give me a taster! thank you.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations