We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Questions?

Whitchurch, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
More Questions?

Hi

More questions :)

Just wondering what time we are likely to get to our apartments (Selen). Our flight is due to land at Dalaman Airport at 20:10. How long is the transfer from the airport to Icmeler?

Also we are considering going to the market at Turunc. My hubby will only go if there is promise of food and a beer at the end of our shopping spree! Therefore can anyone recommend any nice places where we can get some lunch and a pint or two :)

Thanks in advance

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More Questions?

Transfer time will depend on a few things. Are you going on tour operators coach? If you are it could take some time. First of all you will have to wait until all passengers are on the coach and then do the journey to Icmeler which may involve a stop somewhere on the way. Then depending on how many passengers are being dropped off at other hotels before you this all adds on to the journey time. It "might" take around 3 - 4 hours in total!!!

If you decide on a private transfer then you will be picked up and driven straight to your accomodation which saves loads of time. Maybe the journey will take 90 mins.

I have visited Turunc but dont know it well enough to recommend anywhere but am certain other posters will offer advice on that question.

Whitchurch, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: More Questions?

Thanks for your help regarding transfers. We've booked a shuttle transfer with holiday taxis so hopefully it will be closer to the 90 minutes rather than the 3-4 hours. Fingers crossed :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Questions?

I've booked a shuttle with Holiday Taxis before, they do stop for a comfort break half way there and you could be on the transfer for about two and half hours to three hours depending on how many drop offs there are.

Haven't ventured over to Turunc as yet, maybe this year so can't recommend anywhere in particular for you sorry.

Alison

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Questions?

Turunc market day is Monday.There are some nice places to eat and drink on the main street.

lincolnshire
Level Contributor
418 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Questions?

Also loads of bars and restaurants in Turunc along the promenade, so your view is overlooking the sea. We stay in Icmeler but always take the water taxi to Turunc at least once during our holiday. It is a lovely little resort and well worth a visit.

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: More Questions?

GTT has given you a very good idea of the sort of times for TO and private transfers. The shuttle route will, of course, leave you somewhere in the middle. The actual time is likely to depend on whether it is a coach or minibus transfer. Us poor Icmelerites will always have to contend with the possibility of several transfers in Marmaris on the way. I do not want to be a purveyor of doom but in July I have a sneaking suspicion it will be a coach so likely to be at the top end of the shuttle timescale. Most of us on here do seem to subscribe to the "half full glass" theory so when you arrive just use the "very soon I will be in Icmeler" mantra!

Just to throw in the idea of doing Turunc by boat one way and dolmus the other, assuming that going up then down big hills with lots of hairpin bends would not put you off. Stunning views.

John

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More Questions?

Here is the best way to do this trip, Take an All inclusive boat trip around the Bay's of Icmeler on a Monday price roughly £10 per person, You both get a Barbecue for Lunch you both can drink Alcohol or soft drinks unlimited amounts, Boat trip starts at 10 am and your picked up from your hotel between 9 am and 9.30 am, Your also returned to your hotel when trip finishes between 5 pm and 6 pm, The boat stops at Turunc harbour generally for between 1 and 1 and a half hours, You can also go to Icmeler market on a wednesday this is the biggest in the area, Or Marmaris on a Tuesday situated beside the main dual carriageway in Sitler area of Marmaris, Or Thursday at the Indoor market. For all other information on trips etc follow the link below.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

Edited: 05 February 2011, 05:28
Whitchurch, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: More Questions?

Thanks for your help everyone. I'll prepare myself to be on the transfer for at least 4 hours and then if we get there any quicker it'll be a bonus :)

I'm a glass half full girl Bradjohn so like to look for positives in a situation........... At least we can get a little sleep while we're transferring :)

I really love the sound of Turunc. If there are lots of bars and restaurants it sounds like a good place to go at night too. Do you know what time the water taxis run till?

Thanks once again for all of your helpful comments :)

9. Re: More Questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 19:45
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations