We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

street cats and dogs home

devon uk
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
street cats and dogs home

i too would like to know more about the street cats and dogs home in Icmeler.

We were"adopted" last year by a beautiful cat at the Kleopatra apartments, and was sad to leave him .

what can be done to help these animals?

is there a local charity?

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,318 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: street cats and dogs home

Dog rescue here

www.icmeleronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php…

Cat welfare mentioned here in relation to the general area

marmarisinfo.com/kittycat/catshelter_campaig…

www.marmarisinfo.com/kittycat_old/help.htm

wirral
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: street cats and dogs home

John from Icmeler online is going over soon, and has said he will find us any new info out and take some pics for us :)

The dogs home people are doing a fabulous job and were raising funds for a roof to cover the compound when I was there last year

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
devon uk
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: street cats and dogs home

its a fabulous cause and we would like to help in any way we can,so info would be much apreciated.

wirral
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: street cats and dogs home

We had a sponsored walk up to the flag last year, we raised 300 lira, so bought them loads of food and gave the leftover lira to them, they were so happy and gratefull, plus a few of us took bags of dog toys and treats over as well

And we left them a big 56lb bag of cat food for the cats too.

I have some pics on my facebook, are we allowed to post pics on here ? Will be posting them on ICR as soon as I get a min as well

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
897 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: street cats and dogs home

Colette not sure about facebook links but I know you can link photo bucket or shack or upload to TR or even load on your own forum then link here.

wirral
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: street cats and dogs home

Not got my forum now lol but erm can I link to ICR as I have just posted them on there

icmeleronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php…

s yorks
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: street cats and dogs home

hi r u the ladies i was talking too on the market last wed i spoke about the cats that wormed and fleed i was so upset wen i left as they ad grown to trust me on the day i came home she brought her kittens out to show me its such a shame they will now av to fend for themselfs a couple did say thet wud feed 4 me but once i had gone i dont think they wud go to the trouble like we wud 1 of the reps sed she wud go but do u av any one that cud go they are on the waste land next to the netto 2 supermarket next toofortuna beach hotel the mum is white and tabby dad is tabby and white and 3 kittens dad as a bad eye i put antibiotics in to food before i left and then thers a little white with torty on er ears and tail she as kittens also the ther is a luvly fat b/w he is not a sray but will cumin runnin with another 5 ?i will come over again but it will be next yaer i am sure u will do all u can i do no wat its like and u r doin a fantastic job out there please keep in touch and let me know wat happens i av just read ab out the cruel swine with the little dog its a good jod i dint no that before i came i hope the little dog gets sorted thankyou luv i will keep in touch xxxx sue

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: street cats and dogs home

i'm so glad that other people are like me and feed and take care of the cat's wish i could do more and bring some home but our resort's are the tip of a bigger picture i'm afraid

wirral
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: street cats and dogs home

I always feed them, always stroke them too, some of them just want attention and a cuddle. Love cats and dogs lol

There is a cat feeding programme as well in Icmeler where Jan, Senim and the gang go round and put piles of food for the cats to eat. We were told that if you feed them, please feed them near the bins, as when tourists go home the cat will still go near the bin as this is where the animal feeders put the food down for them

Mentioned in this post
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,979 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: street cats and dogs home

Nice to know someone is looking out for them. On our visit to Turunc in June, we discovered the charity shop which raises money for the street animals, so if you're in Turunc, pay it a visit. They had loads of secondhand books, which is handy if you love reading and tend to run out! They also had a stall at the wee street fair kind of thing which was in the main square in Icmeler, I think on a Saturday?

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Icmeler
Icmeler
Mugla Province, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler