We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Transfer

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Private Transfer

Hi all

I'm looking to book a private taxi transfer next year from Dalaman to Icmeler. I've read good reports on rain transfer and wondered if it is one of these companies where you need to call 48hrs before to confirm your pick up time back to Dalaman?

Thanks

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,465 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Transfer

Icmelergirl24

Dont know about Rain transfer but another one to think about is

www.turunctransfer.com

We used them this year and were happy with the service. Reliable drivers who were very courteous, punctual and who didnt speed!

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Transfer

I used raintransfer a couple of weeks ago for a shuttle transfer,shared,and you dont always get what they say on their website !! and we did have to phone them 48 hrs before to arrange return pickup time,which for us was 5 and half hours before our flight !!,may be better to go with who Icmelergirl recommendation.To be honest I wouldnt book anyone just yet,you can book most of them up to 24 hrs before you travel,flights can change between now and then.

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Transfer

Agree there would seem to be no point booking anything this far ahead of the game. I would just check on here occasıonally to see what everyone is saying about their experiences wıth dıfferent companies.

I am using Raın for a private transfer for the 2nd time. Wıll call them the day before I leave just to be on the safe side. At the moment pick-up ıs scheduled for 4 hours before the flight whıch seems pretty reasonable.

John

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
595 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Transfer

Thanks for the replies, I wasn't looking to book the transfer straight away lol just wanted some feedback from peoples experiences this year.

5. Re: Private Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2010, 15:54
Edited: 05 December 2010, 15:54
Newport, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Transfer

Used Rain transfers this year not impressed. On arrival reported to their desk had to wait 45 mins.We booked for 4 adults when taxi arrived (small Fiat) not big enough to take 4 of us with cases waited another hour until suitable vehicle arrived.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Transfer

Also used raintransfers last month,but a shared transfer on a 50 seater coach,not a minibus as advertised.2 and three quarter hours,and there was still people to drop off after us !!,only cost £12 each return but would not use them again for a shuttle,definetly private one next time,taking no chances again.

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Transfer

Used Rain for a private transfer again and no problems. The driver was waiting for me at the domestic terminal as requested. About 10 minutes late for the return but apparently the car that should have come for me had broken down and they had to rustle up a taxi from a private company.

ethansnan - not vry satifactory really. I had thought they only used minibuses but but I may have been just making an assumption.

9. Re: Private Transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 20:55
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,097 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Transfer

bradjohn,we was led to believe from their website that only minibuses were used,but this was not the case for us,when we was taken to the coach it was full,just waiting for us !! dont know how long all the other people had been waiting on it,big disappointment,because a lot had given good reviews on their shuttles all season,we pulled the short straw ha ha.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations