We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

Lincoln
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

Hello Everyone.

I'm Maggie and I'm new to the forum. Lots of questions but will start with shopping. Been to Turkey several times but first time in Icmeler. Are the Tansas and underground supermarkets good value or is it worth while finding a larger one in Marmaris and getting taxi back? Is ther a larger one in Marmaris?

Also,we like to take home cigs and rolling tobacco for family. Is it cheaper at uk airport, Dalaman or in resort? Same regarding brandy whisky etc.

Hope someone out there can help

Regards

Maggie

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

Hi Maggie

Cant answer your question on the supermarkets but the underground markets normally retail their goods at about the same price as the open market. I normally buy my cigarettes on the plane (Onur Air)as they normally have benny hennys on offer 400 @ £24 (June 2008)

Whisky is normally on offer on the plane and at the airport for 2 x ltr Bells whisky for £15, have not seen brandy on offer. Airport used was Gatwick, hope this helps

Sandy

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

Its only a small Tansas in Icmeler but its good value. There is a large Tansas in Marmaris and also a Migros which is before you get into Marmaris centre so cheaper if you choose to go by taxi!

Guess it just depends how much shopping you are planning on buying!

Lincoln
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

Thanks very much to Sandy and Dee for information. Very Helpfull.

Dee I recognised your name from the reviews and was delighted to see you stayed at the Oren Hill apartments. We're staying there in June so are pleased you rated the place so highly.

Does the dolmus go anywhere near the apartments? And any other info would be gratefully received.

Regards

Maggie

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

Dolmus passes close by. Also there is a small market (shop) near by which is really handy and as usual they are a very friendly family.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

If you dont like whats on offer at the Icmeler Tansas supermarket, Catch the dolmus to the Dolmus bus station in Marmaris you cant get lost as thats the last stop and you will find a Tansas thats about 40 times as big as the one in Icmeler the dolmus bus is orange and white. I might add here food is pretty cheap to eat out in the restauraunts but do shoparound.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

Thanks to RWB for that info. Think thats what we'll do. And get taxi back if necessary. We just like to get stocked up with liquid comestibles and basics as we are self catering.

Thanks again

Maggie

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

I would just take the Dolmus back also, As when you leave the big Tansas you walk down 6 steps and the Dolmus bus station is only 5 yards away, Oh and another tip, 2 types of dolmus buses go from Icmeler to Marmaris You will see a larger Dolmus than the normal ones this is the council bus which is a lot cheaper also, that bus leaves icmeler every half hour on the hour and last year was priced 1.25 lira the smaller private Dolmus buses cost 1.75 lira and run every 5 minutes.

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

I heard recently that they are knocking the big Tansas down and building a new one where the Vougue jewellers used to be!.

Lincoln
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

Thanks once again RWB. Valuable info. Will take your advice if Tansas is still there!

Ethansnan says it may have moved. Does anyone have any more info on that?

Maggie

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: supermarkets in icmeler and marmaris

boydell7, Who are you flying to Dalaman with? Do not buy British Tobacco in any of the Tourist resorts in Turkey as they are all fake products if you do they will charge you £10 for 5x50gram pouches, In Dalaman duty free the price last year was for 5x50gram pouches of Golden virginia was £16.50, Buy your spirits onboard your flight or in Uk duty free as Dalaman duty free is expensive for Spirits.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations