We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
321 posts
Save Topic
excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

Hi off to Icmeler in august and are looking to book the following excursions with the Icmeler Travel Centre:

Surf n Turf / jeep safari / govoka and cleopatra boat excursion

Has anybody had an experience of these excursions with this company. Any feed back would be grateful also about the hidden lake excursion.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Gazza

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

All 3 are very good days out and ITC are a reputable company who offer a good service.

I have been on all those trips several times and also have done the hidden lakes but this was done with another company.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

http://www.icmeleronline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3453&highlight=hidden+lakes+akyaka

This is a report I did of the Hidden Lakes and Akyaka

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

Review I did of The Surf and Turf Boat Trip

This is a very good boat trip.

Take the bus along the Bozburun Penninsular from Icmeler,this takes about 45 mins to were the boat will leave.

Only 26 people are allowed on this boat and this is the amount of sunbeds on the top deck.

When you arrive at the boat you are offered tea or coffee before you set off on this adventure.

Music is always quiet and layed back,the scenery is georgeous and the sea crystal clear.

You will visit a ruined monastery on a hilltop were you can take pictures looking out over the bay to the mountains.

After a couple of swimming stops you then arrive at the American House,this is a huge abandoned estate built by a Turkish man for his American wife,and for reasons unbeknown to me was just left as you see it,furniture,beds etc all inside the house which is kept locked,there is a caretaker looking after the property.

Fantastic views are to be seen from the patio at the front of the house ,peace and tranquility reign.

It is while you are berthed here lunch is taken,bread,salad,meatballs,chicken ,more than enough to satisfy anyones appetite.

Saying goodby to these peacefull surroundings you then head out across the bay and visit another couple of secluded coves again for swimming breaks before returning to the small jetty were we set off.

A bus journey again brings us back to Icmeler

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

This is a beautifull day out.

Gokova Bay covers the magnifcent scenery of the gulf of Gokova whom Jaques Cousteue rates the pristine condition of the sea and beaches as the finest in Europe.

Visit English Harbour were boats off the English Fleet used to hide during the war.

Take photographs of the little mermaid a small sculptor in such a vast expanse of sea.

The scenery round this area is stunning so please take your cameras

Cleopatras Island A gift to Cleopatra from Mark Anthony.

White sands, old ruins,

Some people say three and a half hours is to long to spend here,

How long would you like to spend in Heaven.

I would reccomend taking plenty of water with you although I do understand that a cafe is on the Island.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
385 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

Does anybody know where the Icmeler Travel Centre office is? The surf and turf sounds fantastic and you sold it really well Gene. Is it better to book before your holiday or can you book it when there? Just a bit worried about the limited numbers...

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

http://www.icmelertravelcentre.com/

This is a link to the website of ITC.

Their offices are just off the main square were the ATMs are,opposite the Black Sea Restaurent and under the Uysal Apartments.

Accross from were Harrys Restaurent used to be and at the side of the Majestic Boys bar now called the Aysima.

You will have to book in advance either in the resort or online.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
310 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

For those who dont wish to spend a full day out on the boats but would like to do something different and spend a little time on the briny,why not do the twenty minute trip by taxi boat to either Marmaris or Turunc.

Both in opposite directions to each other,

Marmaris,

with its narrow beach,bustling promenade,streets and squares,

its castle and picturesque harbour area.

Here also you will find the big supermarkets,Macdonalds and you can also catch the Dolmus from Marmaris that will take you to other regions of Mugla.

Turunc,

For 15YTL return by taxi boat.

Or go by boat one way and return on the Dolmus.

A world apart from Marmaris,boasting a nice harbour area and small picnic park,a narrow promenade running the full length of the bay lined with cafes bars and hotels.

Sunbeds are free along here as long as you use the facilities of the cafe

whose beds you lay on.

Lovely views out to sea were the blue of the sea blends into the sky.

There are shops bars and cafes just back off the sea front but everything is low key.

It makes a nice change to come to Turunc just to relax and be quiet for a short time before going back to Icmeler.

Market day in Turunc is on a Monday and is a little more low key than Icmeler or Marmaris.

8. Re: excursions i/c icmeler travel centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 02:48
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler