We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If not Icmeler

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
19 reviews
If not Icmeler

Just to keep a bit of interest in the forum over winter. A lot of us go back to Icmeler year after year but if Icmeler was "closed" for a season where would your (sensible) alternative be. I think mine would be back to Tsilivi on Zante

11 replies to this topic
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,223 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: If not Icmeler

We now tend to split our holiday - spending some time in Icmeler and the rest exploring other parts of the country, so I guess we'd just go on finding out more of the delights Turkey has to offer...

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: If not Icmeler

I quite like the looks of Tunisia. The hotels look amazing and for the price great value.

I think Tunisia are pitching themselves as a great value resort for Brits after all the issues they had over last few years

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,125 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: If not Icmeler

We love going to Cyprus now along with Icmeler, went in March again and going back next week. Visited Tunisia about 10 times over the last 20+ years and are going back again next March, choose 4 or 5* hotel and you will be treated like royalty, hotels really are amazing, beautiful, and georgeous sandy beaches.

Edited: 14 November 2018, 01:20
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: If not Icmeler

Probably somewhere else in Turkey if not then I would like to try Zante myself

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: If not Icmeler

Antalya. The only city I've been to in Turkey but loved it. Great atmosphere and some nice areas to visit. I'd also like to go back to Kassiopi in Corfu. Somewhere new, Cuba.

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: If not Icmeler

To be honest, I'd say someone else in Turkey.

But to contribute to the question, I'd love to go to Egypt (not sure why). We like Lanzarote (Puerto Del Carmen or Playa Blanca) and really enjoyed Corfu (but somewhere away from Sidari) and would have no issues with returning to either of them.

For a cheeky long weekend, we enjoy Majorca or if were wanting a boozy weekend Benidorm it is.

Cheers Adam

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
180 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: If not Icmeler

We try different places but still love Turkey and lots more of it to explore Lara beach Xmas and new year.Went to Santorini in summer beautiful island but not the same atmosphere.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,902 posts
109 reviews
8. Re: If not Icmeler

Morocco 😁

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
61 reviews