We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now that the season has come to an end........

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
46 reviews
Now that the season has come to an end........

Well folks the season has just about ended apart from a few tourist who are still in resort. Many bars will have closed for season as well as most shops.

So for all those who went this year, maybe for the first time, maybe as a seasoned Icmeler veteran, what are your thoughts.

What did you like/dislike.

Favourite bars/restaurants.

Any hidden gems that you may wish to share.

Any must do or things to avoid

6 replies to this topic
Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Now that the season has come to an end........

Fourth year for us , the place is cleaner and looks so much better, had a brill holiday but fell into the trap of going to the same places as previous years , the ones we did try were disappointing, Amigos was very poor , the garden restaurant was lovely but we got paid well over the odds.

Champagne , ida,mandolin, Richards Deniz kapsi all good as ever , Turkish breakfast at kapsi is amazing, chicken house was a pleasant surprise really nice and the chap who has it is lovely.

Captain bs boat great value as ever , keep safari still fun , tried scuba with professional diving marmaris really good set up,

We will be back at some point maybe next year

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Now that the season has come to an end........

Hi SMC,

Great post and I hope it takes off as it will be useful for 1st timers and those who are timed served, but looking for something different / something new.

This was our 1st time visiting Icmeler and have to say we both really enjoyed ourselves.

Stayed at Bilnur Apartments, which we would recommend to others. Stopped in the new block, comfortable, fantastic views and quiet at night. Food and drink was good and very good value too. Pool is fantastic. Staff are great and never pushy.

Restaurants after asking on here, we went to the following: Sidicks, Wembley, Nefes Pide (twice) & Deniz Kapisi (Twice), all were fantastic, superb quality and exceptional value for money and how Wembley can do a course meal, plus coffee and dessert for £6 is beyond me as it was a really, really good meal.

We never did any excursions, but did hire a car for the night and went to Hisaronu to see friends before returning back, and apart from traffic in Marmaris, the journey with a few breaks en-route was really easy and wow the scenery was worth hiring the car for alone.

We did go to Turunc on the dolmus which is an experience and returned back on the water taxi. Probably picked the wrong day (market day) as it was packed and probably didn't show the best of it as there was too many people for such a small resort.

Also headed into Marmaris on the water taxi, got off at Blue Port shopping centre, 1 hour later.....taxi back to the solitude of Icmeler as we couldn't cope with constant (and I mean constant) harassment by every shop, bar & restaurant.

If sunbeds were taken at the Bilnur, we headed off down to Deniz Kapisi (which was most days) to use there amazingly comfortable sun loungers, which I have to say was probably the best part of the holiday.....whats not to like? comfortable sun loungers with drinks service to them, amazing food and to top it off stunning scenery as far as the eyes can see.

We really enjoyed Icmeler as a town as it felt relaxed, was easy to get around and it is a place where you can spend as much or as little as you like to eat & drink. Certainly a place for people from all walks of life and a place to be enjoyed for small and big budgets alike.

We would certainly return and have said that Icmeler will now be the place that we go to alongside Hisaronu as it felt similar to the area but offered a change from the norm.

Cheers Adam

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
46 reviews
3. Re: Now that the season has come to an end........

I have often passed the Bilnur and they do look excellent especially the pool

I thought the resort looked a lot cleaner this year.

We now find we struggle to eat the set meals, getting old, and spend most of our time in the Pide places. This year the Nazar was superb and amazing value, as was Hanci Okabasi, which unfortunately closed I believe around August. Nefis Pide and Kardelen were also great

Captain BS boat is just a wee bit too noisy for me, we were on Mehmet Reis which was a great day out, twice, Ogze and Eren I are very similar and also great

I actually dont mind Marmaris and if you have not been the light show at fountains around 9--10 pm is brilliant.

Was really brave this year got dolmus to Otogar in Marmaris then got on bus to Dacta, which was a really good day out and ridiculously cheap to get to, highly recommended. really simple to do only wish I had done it years ago.

Eastleigh, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Now that the season has come to an end........

Good post Adam. We are veterans now, probably most years for the last twenty years.

Slightly off subject we had our usual two weeks this year but also a week in Halkidiki in Greece.

What impressed me there was the dignity of the restaurant owners. If you used a place one evening and passed in the daytime they would just smile and wave, without the hard sell to get you in that evening. It was refreshing not to be bothered or having to do a rat run to avoid certain restaurants.Also every restaurant gave a free desert or drink at the end of every meal.

Maybe the Turks could learn a thing or two ??

Burnley, United...
Destination Expert
for Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Now that the season has come to an end........

Thanks leonn675,

I'm exactly the same, but for Hisaronu, I reckon at least 30 times in the last 20 years,so although new to the area, certainly not new to Turkey, so very wise to it all.

I certainly believe the research I did in here stood us both i good stead. The restaurants were just what we like and just to add SMC, I never managed all them courses at Wembley LOL, just about got through soup starter with bread and the main, the wife on the other hand, skipped the starter and went main, dessert and coffee.

At 40, I'm not old (unless your asking my kids), but a meal is the end of my evening as I need to digest for a good couple of hours, so we tend to have a good few drinks before heading out, then enjoy a meal from around 9:30pm before heading back so we can be up to make the most of the day.

Another thing that I should have added, is the area around the Bilnur (to the back and across the dry canal) had that traditional village charm that I haven't seen for a long time. I loved the old tractors, old cars, older housing and the relaxed feel it had to that area.

As for Marmaris, we probably didn't catch it on the best day, I hadn't been feeling too great and we probably got off the water taxi at the wrong place ad I know one hour doesn't give you the benefit of the full resort, but it sort of reminded me of what I disliked about Bodrum in 1998, which was harassment in abundance. I think next time we come to the area, we will look to book a couple of nights somewhere in Marmaris to give it more exploration and maybe the opinion will change (especially the wifes!)

Cheers Adam

Edited: 31 October 2018, 04:14
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
83 reviews
6. Re: Now that the season has come to an end........

We had out fifth Icmeler holiday in September, and I agree with the posts saying how much it has improved. The centre has had a lot of money spent on it, and it looks really good. We normally stay in a big hotel on the front (Marti, Aqua, Munamar) but this year we stayed S/C at the back at the club Sun Village, near Sidiks, and found a whole new resort. The feel was much more Turkish, and we liked the local Pide restaurants, but then strolled into town in the evenings. There was a good buzz, with a lot more punters out and about with most bars being nicely busy.

We did have two nights on the Marmaris Long Beach, and one in Bar st, and liked the fact that a lot of younger Turks were enjoying themselves. But we preferred the more chilled Icmeler.

We were also in Hisaromu in June, and had a great time there, but will be heading back to Icmeler in few years time.

Reply to: Now that the season has come to an end........
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations