We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crazy prices

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
Crazy prices

We are looking for flight only for next june.been looking at easyJet, jet2 etc, but for our dates the prices are ridiculous from Edinburgh.

This morning while on jet2 I went into July, 5th till 12th flight only for two with Baggage and booked seats £1290 eh

Went to the package side almost 70% of hotels and appartments were the same price or cheaper makes no sense.

9 replies to this topic
Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
214 reviews
1. Re: Crazy prices

Prices are ridiculously high for next year - one of the reasons we've been looking at a different part of Turkey (plus we like visiting other areas too).

Istanbul
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Crazy prices

£1290 flight only?? Then book a flight with BA or TK; you can certainly find lower prices than that.

Edited: 23 September 2018, 18:09
CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Crazy prices

Thats why I was up at 05.30 on Thursday morning to book easyjet flights as they were released, £342 for both of us return with hold luggage and pre booked seats. Julys will go on sale this comming Thursday if you want to try for them 😊

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
4. Re: Crazy prices

Was up also wanted 8th till 22nd june.at 5.50 was £720 baggage seats by 6.30 £860 from Edinburgh.

Cheapest was £420 but not our dates.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
214 reviews
5. Re: Crazy prices

Yep - some people seem to have been lucky enough to snap up some cheap-ish flights from "down south", but for some reason, the Edinburgh flights were coming up extortionate this year.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
46 reviews
6. Re: Crazy prices

Blondie I was up at 6 am for the Edinburgh flights and got them at reasonable cost, £433 for 21 May for 2 weeks, including 2 x 23 kg. No pre booked seats but does not bother me. By lunchtime prices were up to £760 for same flights.

By comparison last years flights for same times and bags were £360

I can see these expensive flights putting people off and just as Turkey was starting to pick up

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
703 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Crazy prices

Hey, did the same, got up at 05.45 to book our flights for next June. Came up at £488 for two with Xl and 2 x 15 kg bags. Went up to £526 by the time I came to pay. So, OK, fine with that. Just for curiosity kept checking through the day, by 3.30pm would have cost £758!!! Delighted tilI I checked next morning when the exact same flights with the exact same seats etc would have cost £456? Not impressed with that and wont do it next time. Lost a couple of hours sleep for nothing 😥

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,111 posts
104 reviews
8. Re: Crazy prices

Mine came up at £314 when I inc luggage and pre booked seats, then you have to put names etc and card details in,when I came to pay it had gone up to £342 because someone had beaten us to it for the seats,I should have booked my extras after booking at a later date and not taken so long going through the process and I might have got them at the first price.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,206 posts
214 reviews
9. Re: Crazy prices

Ours were less than £300 for the two of us last year, so that's a considerable increase. As I say. we're looking at a different area of Turkey for our May holiday this year, although we will probably return to Icmeler for a family holiday in September with our son and his wife and little grandson.

Reply to: Crazy prices
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations