We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet2 transfers

Jet2 transfers

How long have the jet2 transfer been taking? We won’t be landing till 22:20 so considering if it’s worthwhile booking a private transfer? Thanks

14 replies to this topic
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
1. Re: Jet2 transfers

We go with jet2 it's roughly 1.5 to 2 hours. We've never had a problem waiting, it's usually 20 seater coach.

Just our experience over the years but we wouldn't go to the unnecessary expense to gain not much time.again though it's a personal decision.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
214 reviews
2. Re: Jet2 transfers

I'm the opposite - I'd never do the coach operator's transfer. Private transfer is worth every penny in my opinion.

3. Re: Jet2 transfers

Thanks for that, does it usually go straight to Icmeler or does it go to Marmaris first?

4. Re: Jet2 transfers

Thanks. How long does the private transfer take roughly?

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Jet2 transfers

Generally it will make some stops in Marmaris and transfer takes around 2 hours--2 hours 20 mins

A private transfer typically takes 1 hour 20 mins-- 1 hour 30 mins

Private transfer costs around £60/£65

So question is, £60 to arrive about 30/40 mins quicker. IMHO its not worth it, would rather spend the extra on a few meals/beers in resort

6. Re: Jet2 transfers

Thanks for the reply, guess it will be too late for a beer at that time of night whichever option I choose!

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
421 posts
7. Re: Jet2 transfers

You will have time for a beer

Totally agree SMC

Blondie I've never had a problem as you book privately you have no option or can compare.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,203 posts
214 reviews
8. Re: Jet2 transfers

Actually, I have used the tour operator's coach in the past - and it took us more than three hours to get to Icmeler, dropping people off here, there and everywhere throughout Marmaris, not to mention the dreaded "comfort stop". I was losing the will to live! And on the return leg, we had to wait ages outside one hotel because the people there weren't ready for their pick-up! Never again for me, I'm afraid.

And last year, on a visit to Majorca with my daughter, we used one of the so-called "speedy shuttle" services, which again took us on a tour of what seemed like half the island - going round and round in circles - before we finally got to our apartments. I promptly cancelled the return trip and booked a taxi instead! So yes, I can compare!

Edited: 22 September 2018, 21:43
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
46 reviews
9. Re: Jet2 transfers

I book my holidays as a separate deal, flights, hotel then transfer, so obviously dont have tour operators bus. I normally just book the shuttle. Passed few times have been lucky, maybe because its mid May. This year was a six seater people carrier, with just 1 drop in Marmaris, 1 in Icmeler then us. Only cost £30 so was delighted with that. same on return journey

Washington, UK
Level Contributor
168 posts
43 reviews
10. Re: Jet2 transfers

We used Jet2 transfer in 2010. It took us 3 hours 15 minutes to reach our hotel in Icmeler after dropping off at several hotels in Marmaris and the Old Village. Private transfers for us thereafter. On Monday we'll be using DM Transfers who are charging us £56 return for the two of us and look forward to the efficient, friendly service we've previously had from this company.

Reply to: Jet2 transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations