We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Real ale

11 posts
Real ale

Question from the husband any bars that do real ale

17 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
204 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Real ale

I certainly didn't see any and I did frequent a number of bars, for thereputic rehydration.

You can get some imported bitter, john smiths is pretty common but thats far from real ale.

Im a real ale drinker at home but I go with the flow in Icmeler. You dont have to just stick with Efes try some of the alternatives. There are some nice drinks out there.

The 'malt' variants tend to have a fuller flavour.

My personal faves this year were Bonmonti and Perge.

Let us know if he trys a few and what he thinks.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
212 reviews
2. Re: Real ale

Yes, my husband tends to opt for either Bomonti too. There's also an Efes Dark and a local beer called something like Gara Guzu, which is meant to be like an IPA. Not many places seem to stock it though. I think Tipsi Burger may have it.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
83 reviews
3. Re: Real ale

I don't drink real ale, but have sampled my friends' ales, and I would say the Efes Dark is very similar to some of the more "chocolaty" beers i have tried. They have it on draught at the Bucket Bar at the back of the village.

Thornton, Lancs
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Real ale

I too drink real ales,and dont like the EFES. I tried (unscuccesfully) to get EFES dark - a number of places sell Bomonti Dark (which is like Efes dark) and tastes a lot like a dark mild used to be. Ask for the amber beers (Bomonti and Tuborg do these in bottles) or there is a Bomonti Non Filtered that is also good.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
46 reviews
5. Re: Real ale

EFES dark is no longer available. I can however recommend Tuborg Amber which is lovely and smooth and Bomonti is also very nice

11 posts
6. Re: Real ale

Thats great he will be happy

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,669 posts
83 reviews
7. Re: Real ale

I had my Efes Dark in the village last week, so it is still available in some places. Must admit, I didn't see it on any menus in town.

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
33 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: Real ale

Not found any real ales in Bodrum, I love Bomanti with a slice of orange tastes nearly like a Blue Moon

Mugla, Turkey
Level Contributor
583 posts
192 reviews
9. Re: Real ale

the stuff ive been drinking for the last 30 years seems real enough to me.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
54 reviews
10. Re: Real ale

I am a real ale drinker, when I was there in June I found Efes Red Ale this was being sold at Tin Tins, it wasn't particularly cheap but it was very nice. Didn't see it for sale anywhere else.

As an alternative I usually drink Efes Malt or Bomonti Unfiltered.

Reply to: Real ale
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations