We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers

Just wondering for Sept . We are staying at the Club |Turban and got our transfer with our package from Tui. Would it be much quicker if we got a private transfer and is it worth the extra money?

By the way we will get there at night so presumably there won't be a lot of traffic around.

10 replies to this topic
Peterborough...
Level Contributor
762 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers

Yes absolutely I'd recommend a private transfer.

I've heard stories of people using the tour operator coach transfers and taking anything up to 4 hours to get to their hotel - this is because Icmeler is usually the last point of call.

A private transfer will get you there in about 1 hour & 20 minutes.

If you do decide to go with a private transfer make sure you seek out the TUI reps and tell them you are not using the coach otherwise they will wait for you.

Edited: 20 July 2018, 18:01
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers

Private transfer is quicker try seagull transfers they are on Facebook definitely recommend £60 with discount return dalaman to icmeler that’s for 2 people that’s who I use all the time when I go

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers

Seagull transfers are great. Very reliable

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers

Hi,your tour operator will also do private transfers, I know people have there own favourites I used icmeler on line for my daughter in May, but the last couple of years I have booked a private transfer with jet 2 similar price(a little more expensive) but no need to inform anyone just proceed to the jet 2 stand and they show you straight to your transfer and off you go straightaway, we got to resort in May in just over one hour without the usual comfort break as they call it, so as you can gather I would definitely book a private transfer.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers

Using one of the local transfer operators is usually cheaper than the big tour operators. I always use Ali Agircan - he is very reliable and always provides an excellent service.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
2,066 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers

A private transfer will be quicker typically around 1h 30 mins. A coach transfer is typically 2 h 30 mins/ 3 hours.

A private transfer is around £60, so you have to ask yourself is it worth £60 to get to resort 1h 30 mins quicker.

Going back its not so much of an issue, well not to me

scunthorpe
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers

Having visited around 12 times, the private transfer is a no brainer, and we factor it into the cost of our holiday as soon as we book. Usually DM transfers.

suffolk england
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers

We came back fri eve used DM transfers £70 rtn they were excellent awaiting fro us on arrival cold beer on getting in the luxury Mercedes van and enjoyed the use of the TV on route. They were early on the return and again very relaxing trip back to the airport

Bradford, England...
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers

Seagull travel definitely. Use them all the time. Superb service. Around £65 return. Not many people know that if you're travelling with jet2 on a package holiday at the point of booking ask them to remove transfer and it will knock £22 per person off your holiday and this virtually pays for your taxi. Taxi will get you there in half the time of transfer. No brainier !!

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers

Wow! I did not know this! I wish I'd known, I've booked dm Transfers for £58 return which seems like fantastic value but I could've saved £66 off my jet2 holiday! Lesson learnt for next year!

Reply to: Transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler