We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

This will be my 2nd holiday to Turkey,last year we stayed in marmaris,but this year I am travelling solo,will be staying at hotel devamli Turkey.will I be safe during my 2 week stay or is there anything I need to know..Also I plan on bringing my little Mavic air drone,is there anywhere that is recommended to fly,I only want to take shots over the sea and somewhere that is quiet.

Edited: 15 July 2018, 02:17
9 replies to this topic
Bawburgh
Level Contributor
440 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

Not travelled alone but have walked around at night alone and felt very safe have met lots of lone travellers as well one on the Akayaka trip who join out selves for lunch and the rest of trip

Istanbul
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

On the subject of drones, one foreign traveller (in this thread https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g81117… ) notes: 'I had e-mail conversation with "Directorate General of Civil Aviation" in Turkey. "Final message from them was: "...must inform you that only Turkish citizens can able to carry out and fulfill this requirments. Because of this, I suggest that you do not take your drone while coming here. If you take it, customs will seize your drone, and you will take it while returning your home."

By requirements they mean drone registration. So, if someone of you will travel to Turkey, be aware about drone confiscation at customs. At least "Directorate General of Civil Aviation" saying so...'

That being said, as you will see, others have taken them in. And certainly there are videos on youtube, etc obviously taken with a drone. The conclusion might be that well, yes, you could take a drone with you, but you might not be able to bring it back. At your own risk.

North Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

Hi,

I cannot add anything regarding drones.

However regarding safety you don't have any worries, we have been going to Icmeler for the past 11 years including attempted coop and have always felt safe.

Icmeler is lovely, lovely people, so friendly and some fantastic restaurants.

Hope you enjoy your stay ☺

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,089 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

I know nothing about the drone situation, but I am sure you will enjoy Icmeler itself. Your hotel is very central, ideal for someone on their own. Everyone is generally very friendly and helpful and I'm sure you will find a warm welcome.

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

Thanks for your advice, have decided to leave drone at home, just take cameras instead.

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

Thank you for your reply, my fav restaurant is YOLO do you know it and is it far to walk from the devamli Hotel?

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

Thanks for your reply, I am staying at hotel devamli, is it far to walk from there to YOLO Restaurant if you know it.

Midlothian, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
5,089 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

No, it's not far at all, just a few minutes' walk. Come out of the Devamli and walk along to your right until you get to the main square, take a right there and walk up through the square towards the main road and YOLO is on the corner there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey

Thank you for your fast response, the reason why I ask is I am travelling one and am disabled, glad to hear its not far too walk.

Reply to: Solo travel to Ismeler Turkey
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations